Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ive been working at Mcdonalds for three years now as a seasonal worker. Now since ive finished uni I went back and asked to be full time the manager said she'll try and sort it out but I never heard anything back. Now six weeks later since that I get a call saying I didnt show up for my shift and wont get anymore due to this. Im like wtf, I didnt know and the manager said I should have checked but I said its been six weeks how would I know im still on schedule and I asked for full time shifts and no one got back to me. They said its not there responsibility.

But last time I came back as a seasonal worker the manager rang me and asked if I was available, I mean how would they know I was available after six weeks !?

This has really pissed me off, what a way to treat your employers, blank them for 6 weeks then say youve missed a shift and wont get anymore. If the manager brings this up I will tell them, I hadnt recieved shifts and not only thats its disrespectful to blank your employees like that and say I wont get any shifts. Would that be wrong saying its disrespectful ?

The manager I spoke to was the young one who thinks she knows its all, so I dont beleive I wont get anymore shifts because they need people now. So I didnt take much on board of what she said.

Im definatley looking for jobs but after the interview and assesments its like a month untill you get a start date so working through that time doesnt seem a bad idea.

But what do you think ? Am I in the wrong or them ?

ReputationRep:
    BUMP

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.