Turn on thread page Beta

Was I right to make a complaint about this guy? watch

Announcements

Not sure if this belongs this forum, so feel free to move me
    I've been going to a gym for a few months, and have never had any problems until recently.
    However ,there is a guy there who I'd estimate to be about 10 years older than me (I'm 25) who makes me feel pretty uncomfortable. The first time I encountered him, I was standing on an exercise mat, and he walked passed me, looked right at my tits, without being discreet about it in the slightest, and then said hello.
    Saw him again and he walked right at me, looked at me and licked his lips. I have seen him a few times perving on me and blatantly staring at my chest.
    I have quite a large chest but I don't wear extremely low-cut tops or anything like that. I've started dreading going to the gym in case he is there, as I find him so creepy.
    The licking the lips thing was the last straw, so in a bit of a p'd off state ,I waited until he'd left, walked over to the reception and asked to make a complaint.
    I don't know his name but I described him, and they told me they knew who he was. I told them what had been happening and they said they'd take it into account and have a word with him.
    I was shaking a bit, and they asked me if I was ok. I kept my complaint anonymous, though he might guess it was me, as I gave him an extremely dirty look when he walked past.
    Do you think I over-reacted? I get that people check each other out now and again, and I've had or two men pay me compliments in the gym, but this guy makes me so uncomfortable and I do not like being there in his presence. What should I do if I see him again? I try my best to ignore him but he always comes and walks right past me. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Good on you, i say.

thank you!

ReputationRep:
    You're 25 and on TSR... I think that explains a lot. You did all this without even saying anything to him? It's 98.265% likely he'd just stop if you asked.

ReputationRep:
    Lmao at licking his lips, that's something I'd expect to see in a cartoon, but not in real life! And yes, I think you were totally justified in making a complaint.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Not sure if this belongs this forum, so feel free to move me
    I've been going to a gym for a few months, and have never had any problems until recently.
    However ,there is a guy there who I'd estimate to be about 10 years older than me (I'm 25) who makes me feel pretty uncomfortable. The first time I encountered him, I was standing on an exercise mat, and he walked passed me, looked right at my tits, without being discreet about it in the slightest, and then said hello.
    Saw him again and he walked right at me, looked at me and licked his lips. I have seen him a few times perving on me and blatantly staring at my chest.
    I have quite a large chest but I don't wear extremely low-cut tops or anything like that. I've started dreading going to the gym in case he is there, as I find him so creepy.
    The licking the lips thing was the last straw, so in a bit of a p'd off state ,I waited until he'd left, walked over to the reception and asked to make a complaint.
    I don't know his name but I described him, and they told me they knew who he was. I told them what had been happening and they said they'd take it into account and have a word with him.
    I was shaking a bit, and they asked me if I was ok. I kept my complaint anonymous, though he might guess it was me, as I gave him an extremely dirty look when he walked past.
    Do you think I over-reacted? I get that people check each other out now and again, and I've had or two men pay me compliments in the gym, but this guy makes me so uncomfortable and I do not like being there in his presence. What should I do if I see him again? I try my best to ignore him but he always comes and walks right past me. Thanks
    yes you were right to complain. That man is disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    No - you did the right thing - that was intimidation on his part -

ReputationRep:
    You did the right thing lass.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. You pay for the gym.

ReputationRep:
    wow are you some kind of food? he licks his lips when he sees you..

gaddamn you feasible ....and edible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by richpanda)
    You're 25 and on TSR... I think that explains a lot. You did all this without even saying anything to him? It's 98.265% likely he'd just stop if you asked.
    What exactly are you trying to say when referring to her age? I'm struggling to see what relevance it has to the thread topic.

And you can't say that it would be that likely he would have stopped had she spoken up. Stop being so ignorant.

ReputationRep:
    You complained because he looked at your tits? Do you expect people to walk around with there eyes clothes?

Thanks a lot for the replies , they've made me convinced that i've made the right choice. I didn't feel comfortable talking to him in front of a group of people, and I thought that doing it through the staff might be more effective. And lol yes maybe I am a bit older than some users but I am a student myself and I've been using this site for many years as I find it brilliant for receiving advice

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 1, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.