Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Conclusion for personal statements watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i have written my personal statement, but i am unsure what to put in the introduction and conclusion. what kind of things should be written? so far i have 36 lines
    i am applying for english lit and german or translation with german
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by lanaadie)
    i have written my personal statement, but i am unsure what to put in the introduction and conclusion. what kind of things should be written? so far i have 36 lines
    i am applying for english lit and german or translation with german
    It's a personal statement so obviously we can't give any specific advice for your personal case but the introduction and conclusion basically do what it says on the tin - they introduce and conclude your statement about yourself. In my PS, I used my introduction to introduce why I think my subject is important (which then led into the body which explained my interests and the reading I've done in greater detail). I used my conclusion to underline why I'm interested in my subject and to consolidate what I've said with evidence of some of my extracurricular academic achievements.

There isn't anything concrete that you've got to put in your intro and conclusion so don't go away thinking "Okay, I have to mention why I think my subject is important to the world in my intro and I have to list my grades in my conclusion", but I hope this example maybe illustrates the kind of stuff you could put in your introduction and conclusion.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Also, check if that's 36 lines in UCAS, as if it's in Word you are likely to have used more lines than you think

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Find your perfect uni course

Don't know where to apply? Let our uni match maker be your guide

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.