Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I just received my certificate for my AS Levels. I took all my 4 AS levels from AQA and there were only 3 grades on the paper from 3/4 subjects I studied.

The grade missing was the subject I got a U on in RS. I don't know if it was a mistake or if it was because it was 'ungraded', so wasn't put down.

Name:  FullSizeRender2.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  363.7 KB
    Its like I never even took the RS exam. Its like it never existed in the first place.

What should I do? Do I still have to declare the U for the uni application if it wasn't on my certificate?

Its like I never even took the RS exam. Its like it never existed in the first place

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by undine_monty)
    I just received my certificate for my AS Levels. I took all my 4 AS levels from AQA and there were only 3 grades on the paper from 3/4 subjects I studied.

The grade missing was the subject I got a U on in RS. I don't know if it was a mistake or if it was because it was 'ungraded', so wasn't put down.

Its like I never even took the RS exam. Its like it never existed in the first place.

What should I do? Do I still have to declare the U for the uni application if it wasn't on my certificate?

Its like I never even took the RS exam. Its like it never existed in the first place
    But you did, it did and you do:
    http://help.ucas.com/contract12/index.html
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3538633

ReputationRep:
    I didn't declare mine and I was good. You probably should though, not worth the risk

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you should declare that, it's very clearly stated by ucas that all grades should be declared, no matter how bad/irrelevant/old

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zuki)
    I didn't declare mine and I was good. You probably should though, not worth the risk
    Regulations have been tightened up in the last 2 years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carnationlilyrose)
    Regulations have been tightened up in the last 2 years.
    Fair enough

ReputationRep:

That's because it's a certificate. Like anything else, you only get a certificate for passing the subject - hence why your RS isn't on it. You wouldn't get a certificate for failing your driving test.

It doesn't change the fact that you did the subject and achieved a U. And big trouble can arise if you fail to declare all your results to UCAS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zuki)
    Fair enough
    For the benefit of other readers of this thread here is the situation:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...7#post60165687

(PQ works in university admissions.)

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the responses. I feel bad for asking a dumb question. I'll declare it

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the responses. I feel bad for asking a dumb question. I'll declare it
    It's fine, glad we helped

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.