Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Being "kicked out" by my mom, help? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Before you read please take every word seriously, I am not joking but I am really tired I have not slept for almost 24 hours and I'm 17 years old, male, living in Greater London.

Ever since the start of last week, my mom has changed. She's become verbally abusive, two faced, threatening and generally verbally violent, trying to scare me away from my house and accusing me of everything there is to be accused of. She's tried to use my brother wanting to apparently "leave" because of me, as a way to get me to leave prior etc.

Below is me messaging a friend on Facebook, about what happened and just a recent event for you to see that occurred:

me: "im listening to music to keep me awake as i was up all nightmy brother comes in, ask me something i cant hear so i tell him to repeat itand pause music, he asks me to go get cat litter when i've been up all night, knowing how i need cigs i thought i may as well and it gives me a motive, then i go down n my mom starts *****ing about money and im like i am going out? cos she wanted it back if i wasnt and she knew i was, then my brother goes "****ing hell" and i was like whats wrong? whats the problem?i confronted him for saying that i said im not doing anything im just talking to her?"

friend: "Omfg what the ****???"

me: after that we came to amend n she let me go upstairs n have a shower then came to me just a few min ago n told me how she bought me all this stuff blabla n how my brother wants to leave the house and move away because of me and how she doesn't want me here for christmas for anything she wants me out and away, i was like well so what? he's 21 he's allowed to go anywhere let him move if he wants to, then she said "why can't you?" - I said because I'm 17, I'm retaking my GCSEs, I need to update my CV, I have no job, I'm studying at college, that's why I CAN'T leave yet.And she told me how she bought me all of this stuff in my room and im like yeah sure you bought me nice stuff but that doesn't cover up the bull**** I've had to deal with she said she wants me out she's gonna speak to social services tomorrow she doesnt want me back home"

basically i just need advice :\ i believe she is actually trying to get me out n i dont have a job, retaking gcses at college n studying level 2 media, basically no grades at the moment and a CV that requires updating

(Original post by Camacho)
    Before you read please take every word seriously, I am not joking but I am really tired I have not slept for almost 24 hours and I'm 17 years old, male, living in Greater London.

Ever since the start of last week, my mom has changed. She's become verbally abusive, two faced, threatening and generally verbally violent, trying to scare me away from my house and accusing me of everything there is to be accused of. She's tried to use my brother wanting to apparently "leave" because of me, as a way to get me to leave prior etc.

Below is me messaging a friend on Facebook, about what happened and just a recent event for you to see that occurred:

me: "im listening to music to keep me awake as i was up all nightmy brother comes in, ask me something i cant hear so i tell him to repeat itand pause music, he asks me to go get cat litter when i've been up all night, knowing how i need cigs i thought i may as well and it gives me a motive, then i go down n my mom starts *****ing about money and im like i am going out? cos she wanted it back if i wasnt and she knew i was, then my brother goes "****ing hell" and i was like whats wrong? whats the problem?i confronted him for saying that i said im not doing anything im just talking to her?"

friend: "Omfg what the ****???"

me: after that we came to amend n she let me go upstairs n have a shower then came to me just a few min ago n told me how she bought me all this stuff blabla n how my brother wants to leave the house and move away because of me and how she doesn't want me here for christmas for anything she wants me out and away, i was like well so what? he's 21 he's allowed to go anywhere let him move if he wants to, then she said "why can't you?" - I said because I'm 17, I'm retaking my GCSEs, I need to update my CV, I have no job, I'm studying at college, that's why I CAN'T leave yet.And she told me how she bought me all of this stuff in my room and im like yeah sure you bought me nice stuff but that doesn't cover up the bull**** I've had to deal with she said she wants me out she's gonna speak to social services tomorrow she doesnt want me back home"

basically i just need advice :\ i believe she is actually trying to get me out n i dont have a job, retaking gcses at college n studying level 2 media, basically no grades at the moment and a CV that requires updating
    Hi there

I'm really sorry about your situation at the minute, it sounds awful. As you aren't technically legally an adult yet I've found someone with a similar situation to you asking for help from Childline. Maybe contact them and they will be able to point you in the correct direction and the correct governmental services you will need

TSR isn't really a great place to ask for help in serious matters such as this, you're better off contacting your local council as this is a serious issue

https://www.childline.org.uk/Talk/As...icked-out.aspx
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    If you are in full-time education you will likely be able to access income support and housing benefit so that won't be an issue. You may find it difficult to find a landlord willing to rent to a 17 year old and may end up staying in youth housing (Foyer etc).

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 3, 2015
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.