The Student Room Group

Guys, what do you think about girls who have "pretty" photos on Instagram

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by loveleest
loool this is so true. I know some girls that look okay-ish in real life but in pictures they are stunners.

I don't know how they do it lol is it contouring makeup? :colondollar:

Theres the odd girl who looks nice IRL too but then doesn't look so nice in photos (I know an Arab girl like this with really strong features, she looks like a Bollywood actress but then ugly in pics)
Original post by RiotGirll
I know! It's not even their life though it's just mostly pics of their face. :s-smilie:

Omg the ones which make me chuckle the most are, "going out with the family", but it's just a selfie of them posing, like did ya lose ya family mate?:laugh::laugh:
Reply 42
Original post by samina_ay
Omg the ones which make me chuckle the most are, "going out with the family", but it's just a selfie of them posing, like did ya lose ya family mate?:laugh::laugh:

Or "date night" and it's just a picture of them (seen guys do this too :rofl:)
Or "date night" and it's just a picture of them (seen guys do this too :rofl:)

Nahh, that's too funny lmao
I don't know how they do it lol is it contouring makeup? :colondollar:

Theres the odd girl who looks nice IRL too but then doesn't look so nice in photos (I know an Arab girl like this with really strong features, she looks like a Bollywood actress but then ugly in pics)

I have no idea, could be that or just really good camera angles. But i know one girl that looks like a 4/10 in real life but like an 8 in pictures (Not trying to sound like a hater/b*tch).

Yes that happens a lot! like some people just aren't photogenic but again I think it's a lot better to look better in real life than I pictures than vice versa.
Yeah I definitely cherry pick :tongue: Some people get carried away though. Like my sister's much prettier than I am but she has awful self esteem, she takes about 30 photos and deletes them if they don't get enough "likes".

Don't you usually get to know the girl before following on instagram? :smile:

I do agree with the fact that people get carried away with it, some people just look really fake on instagram. If you think about it the more pictures you take the better chance you have of snapping a decent shot :u:

Well when you try to slide in a girls dm and you end up arranging a meeting with her in person, only to be dissapointed by the contrast in her looks :tongue:
Reply 46
Original post by samina_ay
Nahh, that's too funny lmao

I can't even :lol:

loveleest

I have no idea, could be that or just really good camera angles. But i know one girl that looks like a 4/10 in real life but like an 8 in pictures (Not trying to sound like a hater/b*tch).

Yes that happens a lot! like some people just aren't photogenic but again I think it's a lot better to look better in real life than I pictures than vice versa.

I think it could be face shape as well too, if you have a thin/gaunt face it can look bad irl but amazing in pics which is why so many models have that bone structure. (Not gonna be a hater either but seen some celebs who look great in professional photo shoots but bulimic IRL.

I'm average so not a worry haha, I genuinely don't understand how my friend looks so different though. She gets way more attention than me ofc irl :tongue:
Reply 47
Original post by Black Cat
I do agree with the fact that people get carried away with it, some people just look really fake on instagram. If you think about it the more pictures you take the better chance you have of snapping a decent shot :u:

Well when you try to slide in a girls dm and you end up arranging a meeting with her in person, only to be dissapointed by the contrast in her looks :tongue:

Not even fake with lots of makeup just edited to death :tongue: true

Haha I didn't know guys actually did this! so you dont even have mutual friends with the girl?
Not even fake with lots of makeup just edited to death :tongue: true

Haha I didn't know guys actually did this! so you dont even have mutual friends with the girl?

I'm no longer that person anymore, but I used to do it all the time :tongue: guys do this all the time haha surely you experienced it yourself?
Struggling to quote what you replied to me earlier. For me if it makes them feel happy having a nice selfie then who am I to complain? I'd rather see someone happy than focus on being massively attractive.
Seeing her attractive profile pic and clicking to view her instagram page:

Looking at all the attractive pictures of her, heading on to Facebook:

Seeing her tagged photos:

The guys I know always moan about this though, like it's "false advertising" like makeup or something :dontknow:

False advertising hahaha the girl isn't a product for them to buy
If you think you look good in a photo and want to post it, then do:smile:
doesn't matter if it's better looking than you irl - who's gonna post a pic where they look worse
Nobody would post a photo of themselves where they don't look 'good' or as good as they think they should look.
Everyone does it!! Not just girls, guys do it too......:colondollar:
And I'm pretty sure most people look better in photos than IRL anyway, cos of the quality of cameras nowadays and filters, etc.... (not to say you don't look good irl :wink: :wink: )
Original post by Lucasium
They get my hopes up and then drop them like Chelsea's premier league position

Das a mean joke :frown:
Reply 54
Original post by TheGuyReturns
Seeing her attractive profile pic and clicking to view her instagram page:

Looking at all the attractive pictures of her, heading on to Facebook:

Seeing her tagged photos:

:toofunny:

Reply 55
Original post by StrawbAri
Das a mean joke :frown: