Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Women,how would you react if you saw your bf/partner cry? watch

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't comfort them or think he is a crybaby? I remember my teacher telling my class guys shouldn't cry, or else girls would think they are crybaby,so it would come back to hunt him.

ReputationRep:
    Comfort him, definitely wouldn't think any worse of him for it. There's no problem if he cries to me, if anything it shows his trust. Nobody should feel as if they have to repress their emotions, not least with the person they trust

ReputationRep:
    Comfort the poor thing, obvs

ReputationRep:
    My bf text me once saying that his washing machine had just exploded and that he was 'crying at the moment'.

ReputationRep:
    Would hug him and ask him what was wrong

I would rush to give him a hug, because hugs are a useful way to hide your face:hugs:

ReputationRep:
    whoa OP guys have hormones, they can cry okay.
    we arent terminators

obv comfort them unless you're the typical *****

ReputationRep:
    I'd comfort him, obviously. Cuddles and love are the best cure for everything, always :fluffy:

You'd be rather cruel if you deliberately avoided them when they were upset

ReputationRep:
    comfort them, hug them, then give them chocolate

ReputationRep:
    Laugh hysterically at the way the tears roll down his face then tell him to man up bc males shouldn't show their emotions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    show them the latest dank memez in a way of cheering them up lmao

ReputationRep:
    First of all I'd question why I have a boyfriend when I'm dedicated to the single life.
    Anyway, I'd give him a tissue, blanket and a hypothetical girlfriend better at dealing with emotions to comfort him.

ReputationRep:
    I could never previously imagine my partner crying at anything because he is an extremely strong and in some ways stoic character like myself, recently when I saw him overcome with emotion it meant an awful lot in a way that's hard to define. Sometimes the mixture of the strength shown in revealing honest emotion and the vulnerability of letting someone you love and trust see that is an extremely bonding experience.

ReputationRep:
    I could never imagine myself crying in front of my future wife; I haven't cried in years.

ReputationRep:
    Hug him and ask him what was wrong...depending on the situation I'd either give him advice or make him his favourite food (or do whatever else that makes him feel happy) to cheer him up...

:angel:

ReputationRep:
    All I would think is in my mind "I could have done far, far better..." while attempting to disappear from the room.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bupdeeboowah)
    All I would think is in my mind "I could have done far, far better..." while attempting to disappear from the room.
    So obvious you're a guy, girls don't all think like that, but I still feel it is wrong to cry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Masih ad-Dajjal)
    So obvious you're a guy, girls don't all think like that, but I still feel it is wrong to cry.
    No I'm not, I created this account when I thought I was a man born in a woman's body, but I have since realised that I like being a woman.

I hope to find one day a strong, solid man like Dennis Thatcher who would support me throughout my political conquests.

ReputationRep:
    Comfort him, of course. It's not different because he is a man. Everyone feels emotions, and should embrace them rather than try to hide them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bupdeeboowah)
    No I'm not, I created this account when I thought I was a man born in a woman's body, but I have since realised that I like being a woman.

I hope to find one day a strong, solid man like Dennis Thatcher who would support me throughout my political conquests.
    I could never be a woman's sideshow so I'm out pussycat

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 1, 2015
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.