Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Want to abandon sixth form and start backpacking watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    The title says it all - I know that it's illegal to go out of education or work, but I don't think the repercussions would outweigh the benefit of being able to actually do what I really want to. Is it even possible to leave? I'd announce it to family members, it's not like I'd be disappearing, I'd just be heading onto the road.

ReputationRep:
    I left sixth form last year after my first year to start different courses in a college, and now i totally regret it! I am going back to sixth form tomorrow to ask for my place back. I thought the grass was greener on the other side, and wasnt i proved wrong.

ReputationRep:
    It's illegal, unless you want your family to be fined repeatedly I'd really suggest waiting until you finish sixth form. If you do well it's like a backup you have in case your backpacking journey doesn't work out as expected.

Good luck anyways

ReputationRep:
    Finish sixth form and work as hard as you can and then if you still want to go backpacking then go ahead. At least this way you will have something to fall back on in the future. I want to Backpack at one point too, the excitement! :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Lmao. Where would you go?

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.