x Turn on thread page Beta

Help meeeeeeee!!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Ok so I’m in year 9 right now and am having to think about what GCSEs I’m going to take and am in the middle of a massive mind kerfuffle,bit melodramatic but that’s me! At my school you have 4 options: a mandatory language, a mandatory humanity and two free options. I’m thinking about doing German, French, History and Geography and want to go on to study Maths, Further Maths, Physics, French and German at A-level, and then Economics at university.But the problem is that I don’t know if I should change that to swapping one option for Business Studies at GCSE and then Economics at A-level, you have to do Business Studies at GCSE to do Economics at A-level at my school, because it would be better to have actually done the subject rather than read about it and be interested, what would obviously show an interest and commitment to the subject, but then I would have to swap it for something else and I thought that I should do both Geography and History because they both are kind of linked with Economics, but I don’t want to get rid of a language, because I find them to be my joint second favourite subjects (after maths). Then with A-level I will once again have to scrap a language or Physics, which will apparently be detrimental to my Maths A-level because it’s like half of the course, one of my sister’s friends does maths A-level without Physics and is getting Us. I know I have to do Maths A-level for an Economics degree but that’s the only requirement so I have no idea what would be the best path. Aaaaaargh! Any help or advice will be much appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    Just wanted to say thanks for joining The Student Room: welcome on board!

How's it going so far? Found what you need? Below I've listed a few things you might fancy trying on TSR. If you've got any questions, add them to the TSR news, help and feedback forum.

Put your work head on:
    No matter what level or subject you're studying, you'll find someone on TSR who can help. Find your subject in the Study Help forum and ask a question or visit our brilliant revision section for help and advice. And if you're planning on going to university, you have to visit our uni applications forum. It's full of people who can help you through the whole process.

Take it easy:
    You know there's more to TSR than studying, right? In Hobbies and Interests you'll find people talking about everything from the latest football scores through to what mobile phone to buy next. Or how about the Debate and Current Affairs forum? Latest news, politics, education...it's all fair game in here.

That's just a taster, of course. To find even more conversation, head to the Forums page and find a place to start up your own discussion.

Enjoy the site!

Cheers,
    Ollie, from the TSR community team

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered welcome lounge threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.