Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the middle of an English Lit degree at university, and while I'm working a little bit on the side to help tide me over, I'd love some advice about getting into the publishing/media industry.

I'm hoping to find a place at a publishers/editing role over the summer or late spring, and I'm a bit unsure about how to go about doing so. I'm helping out with my university paper a little bit at the moment, writing the odd article here and there, but it's difficult to find and apply for publishing placements when I'm not sure whether I can move away, or say, live in London for a few months.

Any advice or sites that might help me in the right direction in terms of searching for placements/tips and tricks for how to get into the industry would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance!!!

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.