Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Rejection Email from Firm After Interview - What Does It Mean? watch

ReputationRep:
    I got a rejection email from a firm which stated that the partners very much enjoyed meeting me but were concerned how I would be able to transition into the firm. This was for a lawyer, NOT TRAINEE, position.

What the hell did they mean by that? Is this just sugar-coating or pyscho-babble?

ReputationRep:
    What's your career background? They might be saying that you don't have a lot of relevant experience.

ReputationRep:
    its rejecting you with a wired excuse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseafreak)
    its rejecting you with a wired excuse
    Wired?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by okey)
    What's your career background? They might be saying that you don't have a lot of relevant experience.
    I spent three years in a practice area that was not entirely similar to the job role, however, I spent 6 months interning in exactly the same role. However, I have moved around a lot due to my background, maybe that put them off. Additionally, this was entry level, so they don't really have too much excuse.

ReputationRep:
    Are you a qualified lawyer in England and Wales?

If not, it's highly likely the fact you can't work on English matters has been a bit of a blocker.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J-SP)
    Are you a qualified lawyer in England and Wales?

If not, it's highly likely the fact you can't work on English matters has been a bit of a blocker.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I would have been qualified by next month, as I've taken and PASSED all of the exams. So that's likely not the reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fmacca)
    I would have been qualified by next month, as I've taken and PASSED all of the exams. So that's likely not the reason.
    Maybe - although your lack of experience working on English legal matters might have been.

I suspect the partner over promised without really understanding the practicalities of what is/isn't possible. You'd be surprised how often this happens.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.