Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi I wondered if anyone else has applied to either of the above courses? I have an offer for Political Economy but am now wishing I had applied for PPE...

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WillLashenko)
    Hi I wondered if anyone else has applied to either of the above courses? I have an offer for Political Economy but am now wishing I had applied for PPE...

Cheers
    I applied for Political economy.

ReputationRep:
    What was your reasoning for that? Do you have an offer yet? X

ReputationRep:
    I like philosophy. I am indeed. I didn't apply for UCL because it was a new course there...

ReputationRep:
    I am in KCL PPE. Philosophy is the easiest part for me to be honest, and if you decide you don't like it, you can drop it in the second year. So you'd take only Introduction to Philosophy and Political and Economic Philosophy as philosophy courses in the first year. I do recommend PPE at KCL, it is a fun course.

PS: They offered me a place after three months from my application, do not worry about the waiting time.

ReputationRep:
    We share two classes with PE. Comparing Political Systems and Principles of Economics. I think it is a good course, there are really smart PE students in my seminars.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karakedi)
    We share two classes with PE. Comparing Political Systems and Principles of Economics. I think it is a good course, there are really smart PE students in my seminars.
    Doed principle of economics still available for PE in 2016? I cnt saw it from optional modules

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Popoya)
    I have an offer for Political Economy. Any idea how the course is at King's?
    Postgraduate 2016? Is this course very competitive for application ? I still hvn heard from them after i summit the application

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Audreyyin)
    Doed principle of economics still available for PE in 2016? I cnt saw it from optional modules
    I don't see a reason for them to remove it, these are core modules; we do not choose them. Let me check the PE website.

Edit: It is one of the compulsory classes (all year one classes are), you will have that class.

ReputationRep:
    I have received unconditional offers fromSt Andrews, King´s and Warwick for PPE and waiting for PP at LSE. I really do not knowwhich one is the best option, I want to work in the public sector, so probablyEconomics is a strong subject that I wouldn´t want to lose just for studying atLSE, because of this I think the best option is PPE at King´s, but I wonder how much prestige has LSE over King´s. What do you recommendme?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rodriguez_facu)
    I have received unconditional offers fromSt Andrews, King´s and Warwick for PPE and waiting for PP at LSE. I really do not knowwhich one is the best option, I want to work in the public sector, so probablyEconomics is a strong subject that I wouldn´t want to lose just for studying atLSE, because of this I think the best option is PPE at King´s, but I wonder how much prestige has LSE over King´s. What do you recommendme?
    I believe that I cannot be proven wrong if I tell you that LSE has way more prestige, both on UK and world scale, than King's.KCL is very strong is many areas such as Nursery or Law (maybe the best department of the Uni, very well renowed globally, such as the War Studies one), but, for Economics, LSE is arguably better.

Plus, as Warwick has the first / second Economics department in the UK according to loads of rankings, I would recommend you, if you really do not want to drop that part of the degree, to go there instead of King's, which is not quite as renowed for its PPE course right now as Warwick is (probably the second best place to study it after Oxford).

ReputationRep:
    Guys what are my chances for PPE in KCL..

IB pred- 39

IGCSE- 3A* 2A 2B

???????

ReputationRep:
    Hi! What grades did u have to get unconditional offers?

(Original post by rodriguez_facu)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 20, 2017

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.