Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I'm looking for love in all the wrong places? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've never really given my love life much attention. My friend pointed out that there are guys there, I just never like them. I'm not really picky, I like what I like and I know what I deserve. I've never been in love before or come close to being in a relationship that can be considered as ' long-term'. I've had strong feelings for guys over the years, things didn't end too well but I've picked myself up.

Right now I'm inbetween wanting to date again and too scared to date. The thought of spending x amount of time getting to know someone sounds tedious, but then again I am also really lonely. Yes I can go and spend time with my friends and my family, it isn't the same as having a companion. Everyone needs someone at the end of the day (not everyone will agree here).

I can't obviously force myself to like someone and I won't settle. I rarely meet guys and when I do they aren't really my cup of tea. I've only really met nice guys online and I didn't wanna go down that road again. I want to experience meeting someone whilst out and taking it from there. I tend to come across more weirdos on a day to day basis than online. I'm not sure what the point of this post is. Maybe I just wanna know where I can meet people? should I give online dating a go again? Does anyone else feel the same as I do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phunky_fresh)
    I've never really given my love life much attention. My friend pointed out that there are guys there, I just never like them. I'm not really picky, I like what I like and I know what I deserve. I've never been in love before or come close to being in a relationship that can be considered as ' long-term'. I've had strong feelings for guys over the years, things didn't end too well but I've picked myself up.

Right now I'm inbetween wanting to date again and too scared to date. The thought of spending x amount of time getting to know someone sounds tedious, but then again I am also really lonely. Yes I can go and spend time with my friends and my family, it isn't the same as having a companion. Everyone needs someone at the end of the day (not everyone will agree here).

I can't obviously force myself to like someone and I won't settle. I rarely meet guys and when I do they aren't really my cup of tea. I've only really met nice guys online and I didn't wanna go down that road again. I want to experience meeting someone whilst out and taking it from there. I tend to come across more weirdos on a day to day basis than online. I'm not sure what the point of this post is. Maybe I just wanna know where I can meet people? should I give online dating a go again? Does anyone else feel the same as I do?
    Just get a dog - all the companionship you'll need. And the poop cleaning.

ReputationRep:
    Get 2 rabbits, they are great, just hide any wires.

ReputationRep:
    Gotta love TSR

ReputationRep:
    Rabbits die too quickly though. And dogs (as much as I love them) aren't forever either. Then again... neither are humans. There you go. love is not forever.

But the memories of it can last forever. I'll throw that in there cause I don't want to be a pessimist today.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 1, 2015
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.