Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What do you guys think about this? do you think its a real issue now? like i think its fine to be slightly over weight or have a little extra but do you think that obesity is actually becoming more accepted or should it be?

ReputationRep:
    it's not being glorified at all, imo
    but people are becoming more accepting of overweight (to a healthy extent) people
    and some people don't like that so they'll say "AHHH NO IT'S UNHEALTHY TO BE FAT STOP IT"
    but you'll never see them saying the same thing about underweight people though that isn't healthy either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by defenestrated)
    and some people don't like that so they'll say "AHHH NO IT'S UNHEALTHY TO BE FAT STOP IT"
    but you'll never see them saying the same thing about underweight people though that isn't healthy either
    I see glorification of both being obese and anorexic, and it annoys me equally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A5ko)
    I don't think anorexia is glorified aside from people who have some sort of eating disorder themself
    and with them, they're mentally ill, so, you know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A5ko)
    yeah same but like also i always see like hate especially towards girls about being skinny always stuff like being curvy is better than being skinny and stuff which is obviously the opposite of glorifying but these people look healthy so it annoys me they're getting put down about it

ReputationRep:
    I think this is stupid. Because obesity is hardly 'glorified'. Just because you see size 22 or 24 in store, and people launching plus size clothing doesn't mean to say people are saying it's acceptable to be obese. I think that's an over-exaggeration really...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    I think this is stupid. Because obesity is hardly 'glorified'. Just because you see size 22 or 24 in store, and people launching plus size clothing doesn't mean to say people are saying it's acceptable to be obese. I think that's an over-exaggeration really...
    it was more of a question to other people, don't take offence about it, but I'm just saying i see loads of thing on Facebook insta etc about overweight or underweight people and its not really healthy to show a wide range of people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1999_student)
    it was more of a question to other people, don't take offence about it, but I'm just saying i see loads of thing on Facebook insta etc about overweight or underweight people and its not really healthy to show a wide range of people
    No, I'm not offended I just think it's silly for people to even think this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    No, I'm not offended I just think it's silly for people to even think this.
    well peoples opinions and how they interpret things differently

ReputationRep:
    Obesity is wrong. If peoples lives are in danger then they may have surgery. Healthy living should always be advised but not right now. All the healthcare companies and drug manafacturers trick us into panic just to make money. The only research i believe is that i've done to my body and extensive research from reputable people of which there none(including me) so the problem isn't obese peoples its the companies and well the obese people.

Sport should be enjoyed by everybody even in your old ages. Doing no activity is detrimental to health in most cases and can be considered something social and stimulating.

Ultimately it is the fault of the people who are obese. Genetics are the fault of the person who contains them. To be able to go against these are admirable.

ReputationRep:
    Another one of these, here we go guys

Want some?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.