Why is this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matthewduncan)
    Ethnic minorities.
    Blacks,asians,arabs, etc???
    Why is this
    Can't afford it

ReputationRep:
    every day is scary enough when the police might shoot you just for your skin colour

ReputationRep:
    its not part of stereotypical tradition

ReputationRep:
    Im black and I definitely celebrate Halloween XD most of my friends who are black also celebrate it, maybe its just the people with whom you surround yourself?

ReputationRep:
    Lol I see no point behind Halloween.

Ethnic minorities.
    Why is this
    What makes you think they don't obviously there are those who do not celebrate halloween, ethnicity is irrelevant here.

ReputationRep:
    Wiser

ReputationRep:
    I know of a few white people who choose to not celebrate halloween, to say its just ethnic minorities is a bit ignorant, its just personal opinion irrespective of the colour of their skin

ReputationRep:
    just smarter
    consumerism only gets the dumb brah

ReputationRep:
    Any statistics or figures? Or is this another baseless argument used to stir more racial hatred in the comments. Also Inb4 "None of my non-white friends celebrate it".

ReputationRep:
    They do tho lel
    (Astaags)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by defenestrated)
    every day is scary enough when the police might shoot you just for your skin colour
    Not in the UK

ReputationRep:
    More importantly, who on earth outside the Americas still uses the term "people of colour"? We're going backwards!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by demx9)
    Not in the UK
    I think halloween is just generally less of a thing in the uk

ReputationRep:
    Your racism is showing.

They have rival gangs of the same colour to worry about more.

Have you even got an example of one person shot by the police because of their skin colour?

(Original post by yulebook)
    More importantly, who on earth outside the Americas still uses the term "people of colour"? We're going backwards!!!
    Progressive racists.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    because i was told by my mum that some maniacs now a days take advantage of this event to drag in kids into their basement as they come trick or treating

ReputationRep:
    Ethnic minorities.
    Why is this
    Because there's no need to celebrate it and also different culture. I had never heard of halloween until after 4yrs of being in England, and it was kind of a shock. The idea of dressing up, going around strangers house asking for candies seemed weird and rude to me, until I learned what the event was.

What shocked me the most was the idea of Santa Claus (the fact that an old man suddenly finds a way inside your house when everyone is asleep really terrified me).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurtle)

They have rival gangs of the same colour to worry about more.

Have you even got an example of one person shot by the police because of their skin colour?
    Well I mean, no police officer is going to say "you're black so I'm shooting you"
    But the number of unarmedblack people being shot is much higher than that of white people
    Clearly, it's terrible that anyone at all is being shot while unarmed, but that does show racism

ReputationRep:
    You are on a .co.uk site, not a .com one.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.