Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is my car's fuel economy bad? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I drive a 2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE V6. On 62 liters of tank I get only 310 Miles (500km) on city driving. On Motorways I get most of the fuel economy around 450 Miles (725Km).

ReputationRep:
    That works out at about 23 miles per gallon for the city driving. I don't know much about the Altima (it's not even sold in the UK), but that doesn't sound surprising for a big car with a bit engine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KCLeblanc)
    That works out at about 23 miles per gallon for the city driving. I don't know much about the Altima (it's not even sold in the UK), but that doesn't sound surprising for a big car with a bit engine.
    Its a Gulf spec car. It's only sold in middle east GCC countries and USA.
    Yes, it really is hungry on petrol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Azhar Rana)
    Its a Gulf spec car. It's only sold in middle east GCC countries and USA.
    Yes, it really is hungry on petrol
    Anything above 20 is good.
    Anything in the teens is acceptable.
    Anything in single figures = muscle car, which is also good!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC.)
    Anything above 20 is good.
    Anything in the teens is acceptable.
    Anything in single figures = muscle car, which is also good!
    Haha thanks man
    If I use cruise control and be really gentle on the accelerator pedal, it does really well

ReputationRep:
    20-30MPG imperial. About the same I get from my 2.5 V6 in my MG ZS xD. I mean its low but if you want a decent sized engine its a necsasary cost lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CAElite)
    20-30MPG imperial. About the same I get from my 2.5 V6 in my MG ZS xD. I mean its low but if you want a decent sized engine its a necsasary cost lol.
    Yes, I drive mostly motorways, I manage to get 30+ but mpg is really mediocre in city

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.