Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering if it would be possible to do art at uni without doing it at a-level? I did it at GCSE and got an a* but the college I go to didn't have a very good art course for A-level so I decided against taking it there but recently I'm missing it, and wondering if I could do it at uni to get a career in it?

ReputationRep:
    I think you can as they would mostly look at your portfolio and see how you've developed your work and how you came to do your final outcome. You will need to to start doing some work now, and start thinking about what the university wants in your portfolio and work from there.

However, Just double check with the University just to see if you can.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The usual route to a Fine Art degree is an Art & Design Foundation course which people usually do after A Levels or BTEC or whatever, so feel free to try applying for a degree but a foundation is your most likely way to get on an art course even for those with an art A level. Get a portfolio together and make sure you include some recent post-GCSE artwork (if you haven't done any, make some!) and apply for a foundation course.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.