Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

USA: "Make America Great Again"... does Trump introduce racist undertones for UK? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    USA presidential candidate Trump has been going round the US using his "Make America Great Again" slogan with political talk that's slightly racist against Hispanics (Latin Americans), Muslims and Africans.

Does anyone else here think that it might have knock on effects for "Make Britain Great Again" and introduce racist undertones into the British version?

ReputationRep:
    as a internet commenter im in favor of the candidate that is willing to stand up for MY RIGHTS

ReputationRep:
    Donald Trump will save us all from the threat of hispanics, moslems and women, the other candidates are not prepared to get tough on these groups but Trump is!

ReputationRep:
    Let's Make the UK Great Again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmashConcept)
    in fact just earlier today a moslem was literally doing a sharia law by telling my best friend Foo.mp3 that he wasnt allowed to insult her religion for no reason as you can see from this thread http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...1#post60321991 i guess this will be on the front page of the mainstream media tomorrow oh wait their all terrorists too (not sayinfg xGCSE_Studentx is defnitley a terrorist but i mean can she really prove that she isn't),, DONALD TRUMP is the man to protect us from these people no offense (in case anyone is wondering i do have brown friends starlight82 fpr exmple_
    I'm sorry, who are you? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starlight82)
    smh

ReputationRep:
    fellow paki?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmashConcept)
    in fact just earlier today a moslem was literally doing a sharia law by telling my best friend Foo.mp3 that he wasnt allowed to insult her religion for no reason as you can see from this thread http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...1#post60321991 i guess this will be on the front page of the mainstream media tomorrow oh wait their all terrorists too (not sayinfg xGCSE_Studentx is defnitley a terrorist but i mean can she really prove that she isn't),, DONALD TRUMP is the man to protect us from these people no offense (in case anyone is wondering i do have brown friends starlight82 fpr exmple_
    I'm a terrorist what the actual ****

ReputationRep:
    The UK will never be great again, Labour and the left sought to that. There is only hope for it getting back at least a fraction of what it had. To do this we need to leave the EU, abandon this PC culture and for the love of god never let Labour near power again, the most poisonous 13 years on record they were

ReputationRep:
    Too late to pretend you don't know him, you can't pick and choose friends when it suits you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xGCSE_Studentx)
    I'm a terrorist what the actual ****
    Do you want to see sharia law imposed in the UK? Yes or No?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gears265)
    This is Britain so obviously the British law is ruled in the country the shariah law is only imposed in Islamic countries and as I don't live in a country where the shariah law is imposed then I follow the British law as all citizens should. You have no right to call me a terrorist - extremely offensive and I've reported you

ReputationRep:
    asking the important questions :yy:

ReputationRep:
    This is Britain so obviously the British law is ruled in the country the shariah law is only imposed in Islamic countries and as I don't live in a country where the shariah law is imposed then I follow the British law as all citizens should. You have no right to call me a terrorist - extremely offensive and I've reported you
    When did I call you a terrorist lol, haha I want some evidence, this is the first time I have seen you or talked to you looool

ReputationRep:
    When did I call you a terrorist lol, haha I want some evidence, this is the first time I have seen you or talked to you looool
    Sorry I got mixed up with someone else

ReputationRep:
    Sorry I got mixed up with someone else
    Ok, to your last reply I just wanted to know since I do not know the story between you and the other guy, since you accept sharia law should not be imposed, that suits me fine

ReputationRep:
    Ok, to your last reply I just wanted to know since I do not know the story between you and the other guy, since you accept sharia law should not be imposed, that suits me fine
    Seriously that other guy is an absolute jerk

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 1, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.