C - English Language
    C - Business Studies

Non qualification additional education

Level 1 at British Sign language
    Level 1 at First aid
    Fluent in German and Lithuanian
    Mathletics school champion (Year 8)
    Several achievements for both Maths and ICT including student of the Term

I want to study finance and accountancy at Lse.

The A-Levels I am taking include;

Maths, Further-Maths , Physics and BTEC ICT

I am guaranteed getting 360 UCAS points from Btec ICT
    I will be able to get over 600 UCAS points will this be enough for Lse?

I'm also doing the EPQ and will probably achieve around a B grade in that. I also did DOFE Bronze and doing DOFE silver. I have also been a part of NCS (National Citizen service) Which involved me helping out my local community. I have also been House Representative for 2 year running, I'm Also a Sixth form prefect and a student learning consultant at my school. I also volunteer helping out at maths club during lunchtimes.

Do you think I will be able to get in if I achieve AAAD* In A-level? If not what other extra curricular activities could I do to get into this uni? Thanks for reading.

ReputationRep:
    What kind on BTEC are you doing?

to get 360 points you would need to be doing the triple BTEC (Extended BTEC Level 3, grades of DDD would give you 360), if you only have 1 grade for you BTEC it would be a Subsidiary diploma and worth up to 140 UCAS points (for a D* grade)

How many BTEC units are you taking in total?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yt7777)
    What kind on BTEC are you doing?

to get 360 points you would need to be doing the triple BTEC (Extended BTEC Level 3, grades of DDD would give you 360), if you only have 1 grade for you BTEC it would be a Subsidiary diploma and worth up to 140 UCAS points (for a D* grade)

How many BTEC units are you taking in total?

Im taking a level 3 Btec

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NoahMal)
    Im taking a level 3 Btec
    Yeah but what kind of level 3 BTEC, there are 5 different Level 3 BTECs

you said you are predicted a Distinction, as this is only one grade it is probably a BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma which is equal to on A level and a Distinction would give you 120 UCAS points (doing 3 of these could get you 360 UCAS points)

The only other way to get 360 UCAS points would be to take an Extended Diploma worth 3 A levels and get a DDD grade, you wouldnt do this with that many other A levels, you wouldn't have the time

how many modules do you do in your BTEC?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 3, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.