72.31%
    Guy & I think its too thirsty
    0%
    Girl & I think guys should always be the ones to text first
    10.77%
    Girl & I would if I had the balls
    16.92%

ReputationRep:
    Guys: how do you feel about girls texting you first? is it a bit too 'full on'/creepy/thirsty? or is it actually alright and something you wish they did more? turn on/off?

Girls: how do you feel about texting guys first? why do you/don't you do it?

EXTRA Q: How would you feel about a stranger starting a conversation with you online?

Came up in a discussion i had today and was pretty interested in hearing other peoples opinions about it

ReputationRep:
    tbh if i don't much care about a guy then i'll be fine texting them first
    but if i do then i probably won't or i will and then get super stressed about it

I'M SO BACKWARDS I KNOW

ReputationRep:
    i text first with no shame and then get no reply. sick.

ReputationRep:
    Don't have time for mind games, will text someone if I wanna chat to them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RainbowKiwi)
    Word.
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    Realistically, I'd often feel as if the guy is really busy or will just be like 'wtf i spoke to this chick yesterday :indiff:' so I end up not texting or I just speak to someone else

depends on the guy though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RainbowKiwi)
    exactly

ReputationRep:
    Extra Q: how would you feel about a stranger starting a conversation with you online via social media ?

ReputationRep:
    To me, who texts first does not matter in the slightest. There's no reason for a girl to not text first in my mind.

Nobody's ever texted me in that way tho (cri) so maybe I'm missing something?

ReputationRep:
    Personally if a girl text me first I would think she's thirsty, it also depends a lot on what they are saying, and I'd say a stranger texting you on social media is almost normal nowadays

ReputationRep:
    Texting first is the way forward

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    To me, who texts first does not matter in the slightest. There's no reason for a girl to not text first in my mind.

Nobody's ever texted me in that way tho (cri) so maybe I'm missing something?
    Perhaps because you're retired? :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    Texting first is great, I encourage it. Girls now will literally wait days for you to message them then get angry because you didn't text

Random girl messaging me first? Would find that a bit thirsty but would definitely go along for the guaranteed sex at the end :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imperion)
    Perhaps because you're retired? :indiff:
    I'm retired from being the Messiah, I am not retired from tha booty fam

ReputationRep:
    Wow this is a thing? If i want to text someone il do so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samina_ay)
    i text first with no shame and then get no reply. sick.
    Erghh tell me about it :/ But in all honesty, I really don't care/

ReputationRep:
    I do text first, but generally only when I don't really care about the guy (ie I'm not romantically interested in him). If I do like him, I'll text first every so often but not frequently XD

The worst thing is when he doesn't reply or takes like 3 hours to reply. Makes you realise you probably shouldn't have texted first :lol:

ReputationRep:
    The first time a girl texted me first, I thought it was a prank from my friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ravioliyears)
    Erghh tell me about it :/ But in all honesty, I really don't care/
    Lol delete their number and when they do text you, be like "sorry, who's this?"

ReputationRep:
    So far we're unanimously against guys having to text first as a rule :lol: this is a good thing...

(Original post by robitussin)
    Extra Q: how would you feel about a stranger starting a conversation with you online via social media ?
    Happens quite often. Probably directed at the girls though, so I'll shh :ninja:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 5, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.