Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I recently got the job of a permanent sales consultant at next and I am really nervous as my first shift is next week. I'm not really sure what to do when I turn up.
    Is the first thing you must do be clocking in? How do you do this exactly, do you do it on the till and just enter the payroll number but is there a specific button or something that says clock in on the till?

Also, how do you find out what zone your on (e.g. i think 1 was cover, 2 was changing rooms, something like that etc...).

Also, when you go to your department for your first shift (i am on menswear for my first) what do you do? Do you tell a member of staff its your first shift and they tell you what to do or are you just expected to know what to do?
    Thanks,,,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imsophie)
    I recently got the job of a permanent sales consultant at next and I am really nervous as my first shift is next week. I'm not really sure what to do when I turn up.
    Is the first thing you must do be clocking in? How do you do this exactly, do you do it on the till and just enter the payroll number but is there a specific button or something that says clock in on the till?

Also, how do you find out what zone your on (e.g. i think 1 was cover, 2 was changing rooms, something like that etc...).

Also, when you go to your department for your first shift (i am on menswear for my first) what do you do? Do you tell a member of staff its your first shift and they tell you what to do or are you just expected to know what to do?
    Thanks,,,
    Don't stress. If you haven't had a shift yet they will induct you and tell you all of this! They won't expect you to just walk in and start working.

ReputationRep:
    They should tell you all of this on your induction day

If you are working upstairs or downstairs you look at the staff sheet this will tell you what areas you are in and if you have any breaks what time they are

Clocking in or out there is an option at the bottom which says 'more' press that and the options will change and it should say clock in/clock out, type your code in simple as that

Have you started yet how are you liking it?

ReputationRep:
    Got my first shift tomorrow. help help help. I know I am in menswear. should I get there early and tell someone or what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kunall)
    Got my first shift tomorrow. help help help. I know I am in menswear. should I get there early and tell someone or what?
    Hi, how did it go? I'm unsure of what I'm supposed to be doing on my first shift too! I'm on replen for Christmas Eve

ReputationRep:
    Hey! Been almost a month since i started! which store you at? i work on the tills usually, its alright, ask questions if you dont know, dont hesitate. its better to ask then keep quiet. do listen to the instructions carefully, havent actually done any replen so i dont know about that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kunall)
    Hey! Been almost a month since i started! which store you at? i work on the tills usually, its alright, ask questions if you dont know, dont hesitate. its better to ask then keep quiet. do listen to the instructions carefully, havent actually done any replen so i dont know about that.
    Hey, thank you for the advice, I'll be sure to follow it! I'm doing replen on my first shift so I guess I'll see when I get there on Thursday 😁 are you permanent or temp? And I'm at the Blackburn store, what about you?

ReputationRep:
    Im permanent but I just joined a month ago. Im in london.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.