Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone

I'm interested in working in public relations when I get older, but I spoke to the careers advisor at my school, and she said that instead of doing a PR course, I would be better to do a business course of some kind at a Russell group uni.

So, do any of you work in PR or are doing a business course at uni? If you do work in PR, would I be able to get jobs in it if I did a degree such as business and marketing or business and HR?

Also, I'm doing AS and my subjects are French, Spanish, English Lit and History. I know that a lot of business courses (not pure business, but such as Marketing and Business) don't really stipulate what subjects you do, but for the accounting part of the course, does it matter that I only got a B at GCSE maths?

Finally, for anyone working in PR, what sort of things should I be doing now to put on my CV?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.