Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Coping with A level watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i can't cope with a levels. whenever i do a piece of work i cant do it i dont know what to write at all and i just feel like dropping out of college. i went from been one of the clever kids at high school and now i feel sooo dumb in classes :/
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    What game is it and what level are you struggling with?

ReputationRep:
    Ignore the above post, I felt like this last year and even now whilst in my A2's and you might feel like you're a lone but you really are not. Around this time you will feel the most overwhelmed but you will adjust to it. Work at your own pace, every time you learn something in class spend an hour at home or in a free just reading it over. If you let things get on top of you then you will feel so stressed out. Also dont think that because your struggling you need to work,work, work, remember to enjoy yourself aswell.

Oh and dont be afraid to ask for help...yes A levels are more independent but teachers wont leave you completely alone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by franm1)
    i can't cope with a levels. whenever i do a piece of work i cant do it i dont know what to write at all and i just feel like dropping out of college. i went from been one of the clever kids at high school and now i feel sooo dumb in classes :/
    I think everybody feels like this. I felt it for all of last year, and though I still feel it now, it's not to the same extent. Just work hard and it will pay off, (just try and maintain some sort of social life too!)

What subjects do you do? There is help available on here and with your teachers/friends, don't isolate yourself!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, just try not to stress too much, like the above poster I felt exactly like you in my first year and I am now in my second year, the best thing you can do is to try not to let it get you down and to think about why you want to do well in college and what your ultimate goal is after college, for example, uni and what you want to do in uni, I honestly let myself get way too upset about college in the first year and ended up not doing as well as I would of liked and now I regret it more than anything. Take breaks, take a breather, think where you would like to be in the next 3 years and take it from there, just don't give up.

ReputationRep:
    Like both the posters above me I still feel the stress, actually it's multiplied this year in A2, you musn't let things get on top of you. I am thinking of this as a learning experience, learning to cope with huge amounts of stress and being able to handle it. I'm sure we will get better and better at it as time progresses. Just take a few deep breaths and carry on, have a TSR break whilst working, that usually helps me don't let it turn into a TSR hour though

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.