Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

hate my postgraduate course but love my placement, hell watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I started a postgrad training course at a HE college after finishing my undergrad, which also offers placement one day a week.

the placement is very good, and I found it myself after having a meeting with someone who came to visit the college. they were very impressed with me and said they think it would be a great opportunity for me to join the company - but obviously nothing is set in stone because I'm still on this course.

the qualification the course offers itself I don't actually need to get into the jobs I now want to go Into, and I absolutely despise the classes. I've wanted to quit for a few weeks now but have continued it purely for the placement agreement I've set up outside of class times. As I'm living away from home, I can't afford to support myself long term on work experience - but am hoping to try and talk to the placement about perhaps taking me on part time/full time ect so I can leave the course.

can someone please help me?
    I don't know how to approach this, but I can't stand being in the course any longer!! I love my placement and want to make the most out of it and go there more!

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.