Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im been doing my general studies homework for a couple of hours (shouldnt have taken that long but i got engrossed in research) and im writing an essay on crime detection and technology and its involving things like hacking international databases, fraud, snoopers charter, pros and cons of tasers and allegations of racism within the american police. I dont know what degree i want to do at uni, none of my current subjects really stand out to me but im really enjoying learning about the stuff for this piece of work and as its one of ghe fee things that has stuck out to me as being really interesting and not feeking like a chore, im curious what subject it would be categorised as

ReputationRep:
    Something like criminology and social policy, perhaps :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potally_Tissed)
    Something like criminology and social policy, perhaps :dontknow:
    What's that thing that Vlad does?

ReputationRep:
    Forensic Computing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ohnoitsme1)
    Forensic Computing?
    Yes, that's it. Certainly something with a similar name.

ReputationRep:
    Jurisprudence?

ReputationRep:
    Law. More marketable than sociology/criminology too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carnationlilyrose)
    What's that thing that Vlad does?
    What the chap above said essentially, but that's specifically related to IT security etc, not the other things OP mentioned.

ReputationRep:
    What the chap above said essentially, but that's specifically related to IT security etc, not the other things OP mentioned.
    I just saw 'crime detection and technology' and 'hacking international databases' and that was the first thing I thought of. Of course, I don't understand why electricity doesn't dribble out of sockets, so it's not my forte.

ReputationRep:
    I just saw 'crime detection and technology' and 'hacking international databases' and that was the first thing I thought of. Of course, I don't understand why electricity doesn't dribble out of sockets, so it's not my forte.
    There are valves to keep it in, pushing the pins in forces the valves open so it can flow

ReputationRep:
    There are valves to keep it in, pushing the pins in forces the valves open so it can flow
    What are valves? Are they pixies?

ReputationRep:
    What are valves? Are they pixies?
    Of sorts.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 2, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.