The Student Room Group

Squeezing out a baby.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by loveleest
What an abnormal question to ask, seriously.

Really? Why? It's one of the many random things I think about. Am I supposed to pretend birth isn't a thing?I though part of the problem was society tends to ignore stuff that solely effects women.

:s-smilie:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by yasaminO_o
Ofc they love me m8 I'm a delight jeez.

But I know that my mum was extremely ambitious, as am I, and would have loved to have obtained her PhD, but when I came along she suddenly changed her mind and decided to be a full time mum. I know that she wanted to devote her time to me and my sister, but there was a time when she was so driven and so focused on her career. How can that change so quickly? I know you'll say it's biological, but what about women who want to have children and weren't just landed with them like my mum was? What makes them want children before they've even had them? She didn't agree with abortion, so she was stuck with me, but I can't imagine anything worse than throwing away a career and life I've worked so hard to build for 9 months of agony, another year of sleepless nights and to be anxious for the rest of my life to see if this child turns out to be a f*ckup or not
Your mother sounds like a sadomasochist for choosing to bring you up instead of doing her PhD!

But in all seriousness, the reason why people react differently to the thought of having children boils down to their values and priorities in life. Assuming that your mother grew up in the 1960/70s in a non-Western household and may have been an immigrant to the UK (just by judging your avatar name), it is not surprising that she would prioritise family - and thus her two daughters - over her personal ambitions, as such were the values which were probably inculcated by the society in which she grew up in, and the "immigrant attitudes" (as what Amy Chua describes) which she had. Furthermore, women juggling both a career and children in the 90s was not as easy as it is now, hence the need for her to sacrifice her PhD goals.

In contrast, assuming that you were (mostly) brought up in the UK in the 90s-2000s, I would wager that you are less family-oriented and more self-focused (not to mean self-centered in any way) than your parents, and thus do not hold similar attitudes to children as do your parents.

TL;DR: go thank your mother for everything.
I wouldn't even be allowed to give birth naturally so idgaf tbh :dontknow:
That is exactly why no babies will be coming out of this vagina.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
I have an obsession with Alien :sad:

The fact that you see a vagina giving birth in the same way as Alien bursting forth from it's host is not at all surprising.
Original post by Viva Emptiness
The fact that you see a vagina giving birth in the same way as Alien bursting forth from it's host is not at all surprising.

I'm not actually being serious.

I'm not an idiot.
This is a question for the ladies.

When did you come to terms with the fact that if you ever what kids of your own you are going to have to carry a parasite for 9 months and then squeeze something far to large out a hole far to small. It;s terrifying, like how do you even come to terms with that :afraid:

Almost makes deing sooner as a man worth it that I don;t have to worry about that :tongue:

Lol, I'm so happy I'm not a man, bloody obsessed with cars, boozing and ogling. Oh and boring sports, not to mention not understanding anything. :teehee:
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Lol, I'm so happy I'm not a man, bloody obsessed with cars, boozing and ogling. Oh and boring sports, not to mention not understanding anything. :teehee:

I agree with that one :tongue:
I have an obsession with Alien :sad:

Damn. Didn't realise socks were patriarchal as well. :frown:

I burnt all my socks for exactly that reason
Reply 49
Original post by queen-bee
i can't wait to have children some day,they're a blessing :love:

Until they learn to walk and then step on your dreams :love:
Reply 50
Original post by IAMADAM27
Think of all the banterful times you and your child could experience.

lol describing interacting with your kids as banter?.....

.....and the award for Worst Future Parent goes to.....IAMADAM27!!! :lol:
Original post by MAINE.
lol describing interacting with your kids as banter?.....

.....and the award for Worst Future Parent goes to.....IAMADAM27!!! :lol:

:lol: :lol: It's all bantah :lol:
Symbiotic relation, not even close to parasite. the body changes and is designed to care for the child.
Original post by ermahgerd11
:lol: :lol: It's all bantah :lol:

banter, banter, banter!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending