The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Transport for Bristol night out?

Going to out Bristol this Friday, big group - around 20 - what's the best way to get back to Bath?

Looked at trains, stop at midnight, don't come back on til 5.30am. The last bus is 2am.

Anyone know of any good Bristol/Bath taxi companies which will come back to Bath at say 3ish?

Cheers
Reply 1
Uber?
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
20 is a large group.

find a minicab company that does minibuses, or hire a small coach.

I hired a small coach when a mate had a gig 30 miles away, but it wasn't too late on the way back.

you need to factor in that a coach driver has a tacho and cannot go over certain hours on duty without a break so you need to make sure that it is properly arranged and that you don't leave stragglers behind.
get the cash off people before booking. I didn't and was drunk while settling up. I am pretty sure that I missed some payments and ended up out of pocket
Reply 3
Original post by domonict
20 is a large group.

find a minicab company that does minibuses, or hire a small coach.

I hired a small coach when a mate had a gig 30 miles away, but it wasn't too late on the way back.

you need to factor in that a coach driver has a tacho and cannot go over certain hours on duty without a break so you need to make sure that it is properly arranged and that you don't leave stragglers behind.
get the cash off people before booking. I didn't and was drunk while settling up. I am pretty sure that I missed some payments and ended up out of pocket

Thanks, will have a look!

Quick Reply

Latest