The Student Room Group

Racial bias test

Scroll to see replies

:smile:
(edited 7 years ago)

In other words, I hate all humans equally :u:
Original post by HepaxLegomenon
How so? I think I exactly explained why the comment is ignorant and untrue, whereas you think it was 'educated'... Why exactly?

Because racism is a system of power, you can't oppress the oppressor
Original post by david_94
Lmao, you again, I love how you constantly talk about black people in your posts, as if we are the only race of people in the world. Of-course cultural appropriation and white privilege are fantasized concepts.

Well, the test was about African Americans and European Americans, wasn't it? So it's natural that that would come up.

I call bs on all of your posts,

I stand by everything I've posted regardless of your call.

and not every black person has negative feelings towards the police, it may shock your narrow mind to realise that some of us actually view the police as a career choice

I never said it was all Black people. I know that there are Black police.

, and that people in the UK, both black and white, do have negative attitudes towards the police, due to some of their individual experiences,

Then those people are probably what the British would call "chavs". I'm sure they didn't invent that term for no reason. They have a problem with an anti-social youth subculture, and not with the police.

was it not last week in a school a child was being flung across her classroom by a member of the police, a CHILD.

That video was clipped to make the policeman look bad. She locked her legs around that desk and flipped it over herself in order to get sympathy. My mother and I both saw it.

But wait, let me guess what your response is, that it only happens in the states, it doesn't happen in the UK. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWyrHEGuf9U Bye.

They didn't lay a hand on that guy to hurt him. He refused medical treatment, and he wasn't declared mentally incompetent, so there was little more they could do. All they did was let him lie there after being told he was probably going to be all right after a while. Seriously, those British police don't even have guns. They couldn't hurt anyone even if they wanted to. If that's the worst thing you can find them doing, then I'm afraid they're quite tame compared to American police.

You're suffering from a persecution complex. No one is out to get you. I'm sorry you see the world the way you do, but I don't share your perspective and I never will.
:biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Because racism is a system of power, you can't oppress the oppressor

Dictionary. Use it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jeremy1988
Well, the test was about African Americans and European Americans, wasn't it? So it's natural that that would come up.

I stand by everything I've posted regardless of your call.

I never said it was all Black people. I know that there are Black police.

Then those people are probably what the British would call "chavs". I'm sure they didn't invent that term for no reason. They have a problem with an anti-social youth subculture, and not with the police.

That video was clipped to make the policeman look bad. She locked her legs around that desk and flipped it over herself in order to get sympathy. My mother and I both saw it.

They didn't lay a hand on that guy to hurt him. He refused medical treatment, and he wasn't declared mentally incompetent, so there was little more they could do. All they did was let him lie there after being told he was probably going to be all right after a while. Seriously, those British police don't even have guns. They couldn't hurt anyone even if they wanted to. If that's the worst thing you can find them doing, then I'm afraid they're quite tame compared to American police.

You're suffering from a persecution complex. No one is out to get you. I'm sorry you see the world the way you do, but I don't share your perspective and I never will.

Lmao, you get funnier each time. When did I ever say someone was out to get me? When did I ever say I myself feel persecuted? I just expressed the feeling of empathy towards other people's experiences. So forgive me, I don't tend to take phycological evaluations on the internet, they tend to be from people who aren't able to construct insults that are substantiated by facts.

You generalised a whole race of people, it doesn't matter if you see black people or all black people, it has the same implicit meaning. The act of a weak man, is to weasel out of what he has said.

That's a co-incidence, a lot of what you say isn't substantiated by facts. That police officer was fired? The IPCC conducted a review after a re-structuring in 2006 and found that not only were the officers guilty of gross misconduct, but that the previous review that was conducted was seriously flawed and questioned it's validity. The UK Government in 2011 also acknowledged this, and apologised to the family.

Of-course, everyone in the UK that has had a negative experience of the police must be Chavs. I suppose Chistropher Alder was also a chav, you know the Man left to die on the floor, a soldier, with his bottom half exposed, and with monkey noises being made over his dead body (don't worry that part was sped up, but the independent enquiry published in 2006 would make for a great read for you, it discusses the case in depth, including the aspects of racism).

So if you'd like to start talking diagnosing people on the internet, perhaps you should look in the mirror and think about what someone suffering from a persecution complex would behave like, would they be on the internet per say, talking about how their friends have stopped talking to them because of their views? I don't profess to be an expert on the matter, but commons sense would dictate to that answer as a yes.

Before you comment on a situation that you have not experienced, where you have watched two minutes of a clip, I suggest you do your research, it may save you looking like you're out of your depth in future conversations.
Haha. I just explained why that is impossible, by the very nature of the word 'racism' itself! Repeating what someone else has already said won't make it right.

Your viewpoint is that you're white, my viewpoint is that I am educated and didn't just stumble across my opinion when I saw a post on thestudentroom. It's not my issue if you don't like reading what is fact, and it's not her issue either.
Original post by DiddyDec
Dictionary. Use it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did I define something incorrectly? Perhaps you should read a book? That way, you may have a more in-depth contribution to conversations in the future, other than irrelevant suggestions. You are welcome.
Your viewpoint is that you're white, my viewpoint is that I am educated and didn't just stumble across my opinion when I saw a post on thestudentroom. It's not my issue if you don't like reading what is fact, and it's not her issue either.

Sorry buddy, but your fact is nothing more than fiction. Go and read what the dictionary has to say on racism.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did I define something incorrectly? Perhaps you should read a book? That way, you may have a more in-depth contribution to conversations in the future, other than irrelevant suggestions. You are welcome.

Do defined racism incorrectly. Because it doesn't suit your agenda.

Posted from TSR Mobile
:frown:(
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by DiddyDec
Sorry buddy, but your fact is nothing more than fiction. Go and read what the dictionary has to say on racism.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Actually, my 'fact' (I can only assume you are referencing my view) is not dissimilar from what several prevailing authors that discuss race relations possess, and is not dissimilar from the dictionary definition of racism, it's just broader, because my opinion isn't limited to a few lines on a page.

Perhaps you can point out where my 'fact' differs? I'll enjoy waiting. In the meantime read a book, because it's quite clear that you lack a developed opinion.
"Your data suggest a moderate automatic preference for African American compared to European American."
Reply 74
Original post by eoe
Strong automatic preference for White people 48%
Moderate automatic preference for White people 13%
Slight automatic preference for White Peoople 11 %
Little or no automatic preference 12%
Slight automatic preference for Black people 6%
Moderate automatic preference for Black people 4%
Strong automatic preference for Black people 6%

lol congratulations you're a racist :smile:

Srsly though, this test is stupid. It's bascially suggesting that a test is going to be able to tell you if you're a racist or not.....which is incredibly stupid, racism is not some output from a test.
(edited 8 years ago)
I've explained why your comment cannot be fact, and is not fact in my opinion, and all you can do is write "But you're white! What I say is fact because... It just is!" in response. Apologies for committing the atrocity that is wrong think, but I completely disagree with your statement and have explained why using reason and logic. Is it not your turn to do the same? Please elaborate... How is racism systematic and how can it be systematic, given to nature of the word itself contradicts that statement.

The thing is, I am under no duress to elaborate, and I don't feel compelled. I can accept that someone has a different viewpoint, because I am not here to argue. I just took the time to point out what is fact, after you insulted someone for sharing it with you. And I'm not here to educate ignorant people. It's one thing having an opinion on racism because you've read the definition in the dictionary and because of your colour of skin, and it's another actually reading about the history of racism from well regarded authors to understand how it is constructed, and how it affects things around you. And all you have is opinion, because your comments haven't been based on anything but your opinion.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 76
Original post by MAINE.
lol congratulations you're a racist :smile:

lol
Reply 77
Original post by keromedic
Your data suggest a strong automatic preference for European American compared to African American.The table below shows the percentage of other online test takers receiving various test results, so you can compare yourself with other people. Your results have been corrected for the order in which you performed the dual category associations.

Test Result% of Test TakersStrong automatic preference for White people48%Moderate automatic preference for White people13%Slight automatic preference for White people12%Little or no automatic preference12%Slight automatic preference for Black people6%Moderate automatic preference for Black people4%Strong automatic preference for Black people6%

Not sure how credible the result is. In general I find things like this difficult where you get used to a routine and it suddenly switches.

Well as I discovered in another thread you're a self-hating black person, so your results make a lot of sense.
Original post by MAINE.
Well as I discovered in another thread you're a self-hating black person, so your results make a lot of sense.

I'm still awaiting your reply on that thread :h:

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Actually, my 'fact' (I can only assume you are referencing my view) is not dissimilar from what several prevailing authors that discuss race relations possess, and is not dissimilar from the dictionary definition of racism, it's just broader, because my opinion isn't limited to a few lines on a page.

Perhaps you can point out where my 'fact' differs? I'll enjoy waiting. In the meantime read a book, because it's quite clear that you lack a developed opinion.

The dictionary does not discriminate on who can give or receive racism. You however do.

Please refrain from ad hominem. It will not strengthen your position, only weaken it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest