Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hi there, thanks so much for reading my post.

    So right now my anxiety is really high and i'm stressing out severely about uni. Last year i studied an access course designed around engineering. I done well in the maths side of it and decided to study that as my degree. I'm only 6 weeks in and i have no knowledge of any of the work we have been doing and i feel completely out of my depth. I think because the maths i had done previously was designed for engineering that going into an actual maths degree without the proper knowledge is overwhelming. I am now thinking that a career in accounting would be good for me as it is more structured and where i would like my career to be. However i'm not sure if going back to college is taking a step back. I could do an HND in accounting and work my way up from there but is it a bad idea to drop out of uni to go back to college? Would i have to pay back my student loan that ive already received and reapply for funding for college? I cant see myself returning to uni after the christmas period so what happens between then and the time college would start?
    I am so utterly confused and feeling like i'm failing after 6 weeks is really taking its toll on my health. Please can anyone give me some advice? It'd be much appreciated

    Is there any way you could use your access course to get onto the accounting course? I'd talk to student services at your current uni and ask what steps you could take, or get in touch with the uni you would preferably like to go to.
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.