Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Settle my fear please :( watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I know my gcses are pretty crap for medicine (1 A*, 10 A's, 1 B) , but are they so bad that I shouldn't consider applying first time at all?

Also could anyone tell me about courses where a transfer to medicine is possible?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    Please, you're results are good, I'd only be worried if you hadn't achieved many As. You'll be fine for some of the universities, but make sure to smash AS and A levels and get good work experience, and also do well on the UKCAT (and BMAT if applicable)
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Boo_Ayres13)
    I know my gcses are pretty crap for medicine (1 A*, 10 A's, 1 B) , but are they so bad that I shouldn't consider applying first time at all?

Also could anyone tell me about courses where a transfer to medicine is possible?

thanks
    I refer you back to my answer to your previous thread on this topic
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...23&postcount=4

You will have options. Stop worrying. Focus on kicking ass in a-levels and UKCAT.

Very few courses offer transfer to medicine, and most only have a few spots. Focus on getting the grades and applying to medicine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boo_Ayres13)

thanks
    If you do well in your ASs, get predicted AAA for A2 and apply smartly, there's no reason those GCSEs would hold you back.

The number of places available for students to transfer from biomed to medicine is minute compared with the number of general admissions places for medicine - only a few unis offer it as a route at all, and you usually have to be in the top few percent of your year to do it - bearing in mind that a significant number of your year group will also be trying to do the same thing. If you can get the grades for normal undergrad entry that should absolutely be your first choice route.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 1, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.