The Student Room Group

Differences between different finance careers

Can someone through the different types of financial/business careers there are that aren't IB or accountancy ?

Also what are the benefits/drawbacks of working for different institutions such as a brokerage firm, Private equity, hedge/mutual fund etc
Reply 1
In house finance positions such as financial planning and analysis (fp&a) see wet feet articles on corporate finance (not to be confused with investment banking and accountancy firm corporate finance divisions) also see mergers and inquisitions private equity and hedge fund and venture capital articles and look at Wall Street oasis as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Also the advantages of hedge funds I think are that the partners of the firm and other employees who get carried interest can get this money faster than in private equity where investments are usually made over the longer term. I think an ask ivy article on what people do after private equity mentions this. I will try and think of more during the daytime.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
how do investors make money from Mergers And Acquisitions
Original post by df2397
how do investors make money from Mergers And Acquisitions

They take cuts , usually a percentage dependent on the net income made from the transaction

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hsv
In house finance positions such as financial planning and analysis (fp&a) see wet feet articles on corporate finance (not to be confused with investment banking and accountancy firm corporate finance divisions) also see mergers and inquisitions private equity and hedge fund and venture capital articles and look at Wall Street oasis as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is helpful and all, but you really need to start using punctuation in your posts.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending