Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hate my CompSci course watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I really hate my computer science course... it's not what i thought it would be. Well, actually, I'm not even interested in computer science to begin with, but it's the only thing that I know of that CAN be interesting to me...sometimes. I'm not one of those people who went to uni to do a course in something because 'I'm sooooo passionate about this', or 'I really enjoy this'. I only did it to get a well paid job, and if I didnt need a degree to get to where I want to go, I wouldn't be here in the first fuc*** place.

Seriously, my tutorials are sooo boring. It literally feels like as if im back in college. Sitting in a room with 24 other people on a computer and lookin' at the lecturer speaking. This is so not what I thought it would be. I honestly wishes I just had lectures in big halls, and all i have to do is hand in assignments. But it's not the case.

The lecturers don't really help either. I have this boring ass module which has fuc* all to do with my compsci; it's professional practice in computing. It's about ethics and all that other legal bull****. The guy who takes me for that lectuer is so god damn boring. Monotone voice and just absolutley boring. For this module we have to reference what sources we use, and he keeps on goin' on about harvard style referencing. The guy's probably in his early thirties, he looks very young, think he has a phd.

In short, it's like being in college, but not having attendence monitored.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InfiniteWisdom)
    I really hate my computer science course... it's not what i thought it would be. Well, actually, I'm not even interested in computer science to begin with, but it's the only thing that I know of that CAN be interesting to me...sometimes. I'm not one of those people who went to uni to do a course in something because 'I'm sooooo passionate about this', or 'I really enjoy this'. I only did it to get a well paid job, and if I didnt need a degree to get to where I want to go, I wouldn't be here in the first fuc*** place.

Seriously, my tutorials are sooo boring. It literally feels like as if im back in college. Sitting in a room with 24 other people on a computer and lookin' at the lecturer speaking. This is so not what I thought it would be. I honestly wishes I just had lectures in big halls, and all i have to do is hand in assignments. But it's not the case.

The lecturers don't really help either. I have this boring ass module which has fuc* all to do with my compsci; it's professional practice in computing. It's about ethics and all that other legal bull****. The guy who takes me for that lectuer is so god damn boring. Monotone voice and just absolutley boring. For this module we have to reference what sources we use, and he keeps on goin' on about harvard style referencing. The guy's probably in his early thirties, he looks very young, think he has a phd.

In short, it's like being in college, but not having attendence monitored.
    Is this just a rant, or are you looking for advice?

If you're really finding the course this boring/frustrating, are you going to do well enough to make it worthwhile? If you're just starting in first year, things might improve and get more interesting, but have you thought about seeing if there are other things you enjoy more?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.