Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta
    • #1
    • Thread Starter

    Recently I've been feeling like I need to talk to someone about my problems. I feel like my friends always come to me whenever they have any troubles but whenever I'm feeling down its almost like no one really cares or has time for me. I was just wondering if anyone knew if you can speak to directly to a councillor or therapist without having to go through your GP first as I don't wanna be any trouble by going to my doctors as I don't see the point in using up valuable time when someone else like a really sick child or something are more important to use that time and feel that the less people that know the better. I hope someone can help because I honestly don't know how much longer I can hold my feelings in.
    • PS Reviewer

    PS Reviewer
    PLEASE don't feel like you are using up someone else's resources or valuable time. Your problems are just as valid as anyone else's.

    Afaik, the only way to not go via your GP is to go through your university or school, to access university or school counsellors. If you want NHS counselling, I am pretty sure it has to be via your GP. I appreciate you don't want people to know but it's better to nip this in the bud by getting help sooner rather than later :console:
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 1, 1970
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.