Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have a Biology essay which is due tomorrow, its probably about 2/3 pages worth on researching stuff about ecology and is part of my coursework. I'm not sure how long it will take me but I'll probably be up most of the night and I have to be up at 7. If I make an excuse, then I'll still have to do it tomorrow evening but I'll have way more time. I also have a mock tomro (after the biology lesson) but I have about 2 hours and a half (free periods and lunch) to revise for that.

Should I do the Biology essay or make up an excuse??

Excuse would probably be "I forgot to print it out and its on my laptop at home".

ReputationRep:
    I would say do part of it then go to sleep around 3am
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    Instead of spending time creating a thread and thinking of an excuse that won't benefit you in anyway whatsoever apart from avoiding getting a little smack on the wrist, log off TSR and do your homework.

p.s. I go to sleep around 2/3 every morning and wake up at 6:30. It's do-able.

ReputationRep:
    Just Do It!!

ReputationRep:
    Don't do it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluemadhatter)
    I have a Biology essay which is due tomorrow, its probably about 2/3 pages worth on researching stuff about ecology and is part of my coursework. I'm not sure how long it will take me but I'll probably be up most of the night and I have to be up at 7. If I make an excuse, then I'll still have to do it tomorrow evening but I'll have way more time. I also have a mock tomro (after the biology lesson) but I have about 2 hours and a half (free periods and lunch) to revise for that.

Excuse would probably be "I forgot to print it out and its on my laptop at home".
    Moral support? I have an essay due tomorrow that I HAVE to do and have no other choice. I have spent so much time on it but it's still not done

ReputationRep:
    I've thought of a post-holiday homework excuse: you went abroad and left your homework in the foreign country and you only realised it was missing this evening so it was too late to do it again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EastGuava)
    I've thought of a post-holiday homework excuse: you went abroad and left your homework in the foreign country and you only realised it was missing this evening so it was too late to do it again.
    I've used this excuse at least 4 times in my life, it always does the trick

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toonervoustotalk)
    I would say do part of it then go to sleep around 3am
    I feel like if I do part of it, I still will use the same excuse therefore it would be as if I hadn't done it at all. I'll literally have 6 hours tomorrow evening to do IF I use that excuse. BUT going to bed at 3am will make me super tired AND I have a Biology mock as well and it wont be finished anyway therefore the only advantage of that would be I will spend less time on it tomro evening even though I'll have lots of time anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I feel like if I do part of it, I still will use the same excuse therefore it would be as if I hadn't done it at all. I'll literally have 6 hours tomorrow evening to do IF I use that excuse. BUT going to bed at 3am will make me super tired AND I have a Biology mock as well and it wont be finished anyway therefore the only advantage of that would be I will spend less time on it tomro evening even though I'll have lots of time anyway.
    Ok well you do what you think is best

ReputationRep:

is your teacher nice though or will they be mad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackFletch)
    I've used this excuse at least 4 times in my life, it always does the trick
    Lol, really? I only thought of it today. I'm not too sure why I was thinking about homework excuses when it's the first time I've actually done my homework before the last day of holidays. I feel sorry for people who haven't done theirs. xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1999_student)
    is your teacher nice though or will they be mad
    she's nice but she'll probably be a LITTLE mad that I had the entire holiday and didnt "print" it out. Although I'm really hoping I'm not the only one who hasnt done it.

ReputationRep:
    Don't make up an excuse. Say the real excuse.

Why didn't you do your homework? Were you super busy and forgot? Are you poor in time management?

You're a human being after all. There's only so much they can expect of you school. If your teacher *****es about it, take it and do it tomorrow night.

ReputationRep:
    she's nice but she'll probably be a LITTLE mad that I had the entire holiday and didnt "print" it out. Although I'm really hoping I'm not the only one who hasnt done it.
    if she won't be that mad you could probs get away with it but like i mean its best to do it unto you id do a little research and see if i could get it done depending on how hard i find it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RMNDK)
    Don't make up an excuse. Say the real excuse.

Why didn't you do your homework? Were you super busy and forgot? Are you poor in time management?

You're a human being after all. There's only so much they can expect of you school. If your teacher *****es about it, take it and do it tomorrow night.
    because I'm a lazy human being but yeah I get where you are coming from

(Original post by 1999_student)
    if she won't be that mad you could probs get away with it but like i mean its best to do it unto you id do a little research and see if i could get it done depending on how hard i find it
    true, ill have a look at the material and estimate how long it will take me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    Moral support? I have an essay due tomorrow that I HAVE to do and have no other choice. I have spent so much time on it but it's still not done
    Awww You can do it!! I believe in you

ReputationRep:
    haha plan if not just use the excuse
    because I'm a lazy human being but yeah I get where you are coming from

true, ill have a look at the material and estimate how long it will take me

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.