The Student Room Group

Long hair on a dude ?

I want to grow my hair like this

Currently my hair is pretty short ( as you can see in my avatar )

My hair is pretty straight with a slight wave naturally so I can achieve that look once I have the length.

How do I go about growing my hair to that length without looking untidy during the transition stage of letting my hair grow?
If you keep it short and tidy at the front, you can let it grow longer at the back and less people will notice in the interim. That is also an excellent permanent look, tbh.
Reply 2
Don't do it, please :redface:
Original post by Viva Emptiness
If you keep it short and tidy at the front, you can let it grow longer at the back and less people will notice in the interim. That is also an excellent permanent look, tbh.

So what you're suggesting is every few months keep trimming the front until the rest of my hair grows out to a proportional length ?

And yeah it is, that's why I want it.

Original post by ZuluK
Don't do it, please :redface:

Why ? :c
Don't do it.
Original post by iAre Teh Lejend
So what you're suggesting is every few months keep trimming the front until the rest of my hair grows out to a proportional length ?

Exactly, just cut the front. You could even put in a nice fringe, and then keep the back long.
Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.
Reply 7
Original post by iAre Teh Lejend

And yeah it is, that's why I want it.

Why ? :c

Just trust me on this okay. You are fine the way you look and that pic? Nope just don't! :smile:
Reply 8
The best thing about long hair - if you don't like it, you can cut it off.
Original post by FrankTeller1234
Judging by your AVI, you look ethnic.

Ethnic males tend to have perfectly straight hairlines (think Zayn Malik). Use this to your advantage and don't cover-up your forehead. A good hairline frames your face nicely.

Longer hair should only really be used to cover up a hairline that is receding slightly.

12079115_756184834513661_6324227637709533770_n.jpg

That's me. Click to enlarge.
I'm aiming for long hair too :biggrin:

Kinda wanting a look like Avi's from Pentatonix :love:

(edited 8 years ago)
As long as you actually look after it and wash your hair and style rather than washing only once a week and looking like a rapist that guy was so gross he tried so hard
Reply 13
oh **** yeah

these guys got AAAAAAAAALLLLLLL da ladies with long hair so yeah why not? i think it looks really good if you can pull it off :tongue:
Reply 14
Original post by Viva Emptiness
Exactly, just cut the front. You could even put in a nice fringe, and then keep the back long.

Lol, a mullet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I like it, do it, I think it would suit you!

That's the one.

Quick Reply

Latest