Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How do you respond to "I love you"...? watch

Announcements

if you are not yet ready to say "I love you" back? Like if you care for the person or are early on in a relationship with this person and they drop the L bomb, how do you respond to it without hurting their feelings?

Awh thank you and a hug? Idk lol I've never thought about that...

ReputationRep:
    i tell her i love her because i love her so much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    if you are not yet ready to say "I love you" back? Like if you care for the person or are early on in a relationship with this person and they drop the L bomb, how do you respond to it without hurting their feelings?

I will kiss her in return even if I was half sure. lol

ReputationRep:
    'Thank you, hearing that means a lot to me. Tbh, care a lot about you.' Then compliment them?

ReputationRep:
    I love ... lamp?

ReputationRep:
    Say "I love youtube" really quick. You aren't lying, but you aren't committing to them either.

ReputationRep:
    You say "see ya in chemistry" and then slam the door in her face.

ReputationRep:
    Bit odd but my go to is to say 'hate you too' obviously in a joking tone of voice
    I just hate saying thanks cause its such an awful response in my opinion
    Obviously if the person doesnt have the same sense of humour as the people i know dont do that but for me it works cause it still implies im not saying that yet without being awkward

(Original post by BekahMay)
    Bit odd but my go to is to say 'hate you too' obviously in a joking tone of voice
    I just hate saying thanks cause its such an awful response in my opinion
    Obviously if the person doesnt have the same sense of humour as the people i know dont do that but for me it works cause it still implies im not saying that yet without being awkward
    I feel like that would be kind of horrible if the person says in a serious tone that they love you and then you tell them you hate them like it doesn't make sense? Although maybe its down to the sense of humour thing.

ReputationRep:
    Awww I love me too

ReputationRep:
    Say i dont love you, bye......

Just pretend you haven't heard them and change the topic lol awkward...

ReputationRep:
    'I really like you' -- even though I didn't say it back, I wanted them to know I like them a lot but mainly held back because... :lol:

The weird thing is I tell everyone I love them.

(Original post by IIEquinoxII)
    I love ... lamp?
    tell me that's a nigahiga reference...

ReputationRep:
    I would fart in shock. If he/she loved me, surely my first fart in their presence wouldn't be a deal-breaker?
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    (Original post by i<3milkshake)
    Say "I love youtube" really quick. You aren't lying, but you aren't committing to them either.
    this is the funniest thing I've ever seen you say.

ReputationRep:
    You're better off giving her paper cuts all over her body and throwing her into lemon juice

It would hurt way less than 'thanking her'

ReputationRep:
    tell me that's a nigahiga reference...
    Nooo, it was originally from Anchorman

(Original post by IIEquinoxII)
    Nooo, it was originally from Anchorman
    Awh still - i love desk hahaha

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 5, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.