Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I'm into my second year of University and I realised very early on in my first year I really hated university (or my course). Towards the end of the year I decided I wanted to change my course but i had no idea what course i wanted to change too so i thought i'd continue on this course thinking it may get better as first year is always the toughest?

My first year was awful, endless presentations or reading something out loud to the whole class, I'm a very shy person so it was very tough for me + I have major trouble making new friends, I came to university straight from college with a few friends but they seemed to adapt and make new friend's very easily so naturally we all drifted apart and I haven't been able to find friends of my own I could hang with outside of uni which puts strain on me cause whenever i hang around with people from my class during breaks or group work they're always talking about they're nights out together or talking about someone i don't know which really makes me feel left out. I've tried making new friends but it only seem's to last when in class outside the classroom they go back to they're groups.

Also for some reason I avoid my work till the very last second where i'll throw something together and hope for the best. I'm very well known for this i've done it since school, I've tried so many times to get organised but i procrastinate something wicked which leads me to think If i'm enjoying this course why is it so hard for me to sit down and write essays? I'm just really not enjoying my time here and its making me super depressed cause people are always saying 'enjoy it, it'll be the best time of your life' and i feel like it should be but for some reason i'm just not feeling it. I've thought so many times about quitting even talked to my parents about quitting and they said leave if your not happy but i've always wanted to better myself, I've always wanted an awesome job but i feel if i continue in uni my depression is going to worsen.

ReputationRep:
    i'm also in the middle of "wanting to start writing essay", but here i am reading this ****

ReputationRep:
    I'm the same, except I'm only first year :/

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.