Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Best way to break up with someone?? watch

Announcements

Say you want to stay friends with them and not hurt them but you just don't see it working out in the long term. What is the best way to break up with someone whilst still remaining close/friends with them?

Tell them how you feel, though I think if you have been dating for a long time they will definitely be hurt.

ReputationRep:
    Be honest. If the other person still has romantic feelings for you, they won't want to be your friend at first, but there's always hope for the future.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Tell them how you feel, though I think if you have been dating for a long time they will definitely be hurt.
    what is classed a long time

(Original post by Anonymous)
    what is classed a long time
    Well, I'd say over a year. How long have you been dating?

ReputationRep:
    be as honest and as gentle as possible. Theres no way you can do it in a "nice way" Dont do it where there is other people around keep it private and have the respect for them to do it to thier face, dont do it by text or by email or even a phone call. Have the guts to face it.

ReputationRep:
    hi i can't stand you anymore. k bye
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by silverbolt)
    be as honest and as gentle as possible. Theres no way you can do it in a "nice way" Dont do it where there is other people around keep it private and have the respect for them to do it to thier face, dont do it by text or by email or even a phone call. Have the guts to face it.
    Agreed and don't drag it out. Just be honest with them.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 2, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.