Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Quitting Uni One Term In? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I didn't know where to put this and thought this'd be as good as anywhere really.

I'm 24 and currently studying the subject I've always wanted to do at Uni.
    I got kicked out at 16 (standard evil stepmother story) so went straight into working full time so that I could get my own place - which I did and is why I also felt that uni wasn't previously an option for me.
    A few years later I moved in with my fella and in the meantime since that we've moved threetimes and had 2 kids (2 and 3).

The whole applying for uni thing was a bit of a whirlwind. I was talking to my sister on the phone about it airily, turned out there was a local open day the following day, which we attended together, I applied the following day, was accepted within two weeks and that was that, I was officially starting uni.

Since starting everything seems to have gone to pot a bit.
    My house is now a consistent state (I'm talking washing pots as we need them style state), me and my fella seem to argue a lot about nothing, I HATE not seeing my kids and it feels like the time I spend with them is spent asking them to be quiet whilst I try and get some work done or otherwise telling them off.
    I am currently behind in EVERY SINGLE LESSON - despite constantly doing more work at home. And to top it all off my nan has just got out after 4 months in hospital and is currently waiting for a finger thumb and couple of toes to fall off (pretty horrific) but shes only just got home help sorted (who are still actually pretty useless) so I've been having to cook her dinner every evening and do all of her washing up and such as well as, well, Not doing mine.

I just feel stretched to the limit and I'm not sure this course is worth it.
    I previously did think this was what I wanted to do but, as with all things, I have since found its not quite what I had thought it would be.
    Thats not to say that I've not enjoyed parts of it too, which I have and it even surprised me what I liked (previously an avid 2d fan, I've found I've really fallen in love with 3d and seem to have quite a knack for it and I hate doing 2d).

anyway, its now week 5 and I have MARKED work due in for every lesson, which I am up at 2.40 in the morning still trying to get finished wondering why?

theres is more, but, I'm done writing now, so, if someone could kindly sort my entire life out for me? - It'd be much appreciated.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.