Turn on thread page Beta

Thinking about dropping out. Do i need to pay the 25% tuition fee immediately? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello SFE,
    I am in my 5th week of uni and i really don't really like my course over here and i am thinking about doping out. My university wants 25% of the £9000 if I drop out now. Here is what i want to know do i have to pay this back immediately or is it when i start earning over £21k? I would also like to know by droping out would it affect my funding if i decided to go to uni next year.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi,

We will pay the 25% of tuition fees and these will be repayable through your salary as normal when you enter repayment, however if you have been overpaid your maintenance loan or grant, you may be asked to repay some of that immediately.

This year will count as a year of previous study, if you have had any other previous study, it may affect future funding. If not, this year will count as your gift year so you will have full funding for a new course left.

Thanks

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.