The Student Room Group

I regret picking A levels/going sixth form :(

Probably one of the most biggest mistakes I've made...anyone else?:frown: I'm in year 13 and I can't wait for this school year to be over, literally counting down the months.
Is it the social aspect of just the work load? Either way, don't ponder over it too much and enjoy your last year at school ☺️
Reply 2
How strict is your 6th form? A lot of peopls enjoy college more cause they are normally far more laid back and grant more freedom.
Reply 3
Original post by Inexorably
How strict is your 6th form? A lot of peopls enjoy college more cause they are normally far more laid back and grant more freedom.

Very strict :frown: maybe that's why I hate it so much... no freedom what so ever, stuck up rude teachers etc..

I wish I went college instead sigh

Love your dp btw :wink:
Reply 4
Original post by TianaEsther
Is it the social aspect of just the work load? Either way, don't ponder over it too much and enjoy your last year at school ☺️

A mixture of both. I have a really sh*tty social life (although I am trying to go to clubs, do some work experience to have a decent-ish social life) I do have friends but our friendship is only at school if that makes sense. The work load Is ridiculous and I am always stressing:frown:

I would love to enjoy it but it's so difficult too.
Original post by loveleest
A mixture of both. I have a really sh*tty social life (although I am trying to go to clubs, do some work experience to have a decent-ish social life) I do have friends but our friendship is only at school if that makes sense. The work load Is ridiculous and I am always stressing:frown:

I would love to enjoy it but it's so difficult too.

Are you planning on going to Uni? If you are then don't worry about the social part because I've heard that Uni is supposed to be a place where you get to have the time of your life! There will be a lot of social groups for you to be able to join as well as the opportunity of making new friends. Now to the work load aspect, you shouldn't stress over it too much, I think it would be a good idea to set yourself a timetable and try and stick to it as much as you can (even if you miss out a few bits of your timetable you could at least say you did something productive that day)!
Reply 6
Original post by TianaEsther
Are you planning on going to Uni? If you are then don't worry about the social part because I've heard that Uni is supposed to be a place where you get to have the time of your life! There will be a lot of social groups for you to be able to join as well as the opportunity of making new friends. Now to the work load aspect, you shouldn't stress over it too much, I think it would be a good idea to set yourself a timetable and try and stick to it as much as you can (even if you miss out a few bits of your timetable you could at least say you did something productive that day)!

I might do an apprenticeship instead of uni, so I'm not sure if my social life is going to improve, but yeah, the timetable thing sounds like a good idea.
I might do an apprenticeship instead of uni, so I'm not sure if my social life is going to improve, but yeah, the timetable thing sounds like a good idea.

Any way you go, I wish you all the best of luck ☺️ (And the timetable thing does really work, for me in particular, I've done a lot more than I expected to this half term).
Reply 8
Very strict :frown: maybe that's why I hate it so much... no freedom what so ever, stuck up rude teachers etc..

I wish I went college instead sigh

Love your dp btw :wink:

You could look into switching ovet to a local college? Howeber if this is your last year just try and stick it out :smile:
Reply 9

What apprenticeship? Im in year 12 and im planning on leaving 6th for andnoldoing a pharmacy technician apprenticeship.

I'm at uni now and I was in an extremely similar position to you at sixth form. It wasn't that strict however because we could do certain things and whatnot, but you get a heck of a lot more freedom at uni.

But what advice I will offer is if you want to study something at uni that you can do through an apprenticeship, do the apprenticeship. If I had the option for my course I probably would have left and done the apprenticeship (assuming I can live with family).
I'm at college atm and tbh I feel the same, but for social reasons. I think it's fair to say I have no social life whatsoever, I spend my breaks in the library ffs. Also the lessons are as interesting as I thought they would be. When I went on the taster day it was good fun but now all the lessons just drag on.
If you really feel that unhappy, there's not much time left, try to enjoy the time you have
Reply 12
Original post by Inexorably
You could look into switching ovet to a local college? Howeber if this is your last year just try and stick it out :smile:

It's my last year so i'm just trying to stick it out i guess
Reply 13
Original post by Sayfi
What apprenticeship? Im in year 12 and im planning on leaving 6th for andnoldoing a pharmacy technician apprenticeship.

I'm doing a media apprenticeship after 6th form, but if you think that would be better then do it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending