Turn on thread page Beta

Rage against the machine watch

ReputationRep:
    Audioslave were disappointing. To be honest I wasn't really surprised, as I far preferred Rage's earlier stuff - the first two albums were great, battle of LA was different to the last two, but okay, and Renegades (covers) I wasn't keen on atall. I'd hoped they might go back towards the older sound a bit with Audioslave, but it didn't happen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calumc)
    Audioslave were disappointing. To be honest I wasn't really surprised, as I far preferred Rage's earlier stuff - the first two albums were great, battle of LA was different to the last two, but okay, and Renegades (covers) I wasn't keen on atall. I'd hoped they might go back towards the older sound a bit with Audioslave, but it didn't happen.
    Im liking the self titled most right now... :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    me too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serious narb)
    me too
    Im glad mate

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, me aswell - I think my order of preference would start there and go down in the order they came out.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, me aswell - I think my order of preference would start there and go down in the order they came out.
    Battle of LA is also good though, Testify is amazing..

ReputationRep:
    Battle of LA is also good though, Testify is amazing..

too right! i like killing in the name as it was that song that first got me into them! no not heard much audioslave but from what others tell me they aint anything special!

ReputationRep:
    Evil Empire is clearly their best album.

You shouldn't miss out on the new track Zach de la Rocha released a while back, his first solo work after RATM afaik:

http://www.marchofdeath.com/

Love it lots, great played loud through headphones.

ReputationRep:
    Why did zach leave rage?

ReputationRep:
    Why did zach leave rage?
    They wern't meeting their "political goals" or something. I can't remember, it'll be on the web somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    They wern't meeting their "political goals" or something. I can't remember, it'll be on the web somewhere.
    Is there no chance of them getting back together?:/

ReputationRep:
    Is there no chance of them getting back together?:/
    I doubt it. I had a look on google and found a story on him leaving (http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,7254,00.html) and a brief but fairly up-to-date biography (http://www.fact-index.com/z/za/zack_de_la_rocha.html) which may be of interest. A lot was in the Rage FAQ that's already been posted, but this is getting rather old.

ReputationRep:
    What did tom climb the stage thing for?

ReputationRep:
    Ive been listening alot now, and come to the conclusion that theyre actually gods.

ReputationRep:
    Ive been listening alot now, and come to the conclusion that theyre actually gods.
    hurrah!

rage are one of my favourite bands. just amazing.

ReputationRep:
    I've wanted one of these for ages.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...018266993&rd=1

I dont even have a record player, it just looks cool.

ReputationRep:
    Most people come to that conclusion if they pay enough attention, I did initally.

On further analysis I don't actually agree with a large proportion of their politics, therefore they lose that status and are relegated to 'just good musicians'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingpong)
    Most people come to that conclusion if they pay enough attention, I did initally.

On further analysis I don't actually agree with a large proportion of their politics, therefore they lose that status and are relegated to 'just good musicians'.
    I think their stuff is bloody clever, whether you agree with the lyrics or not..what sort of stuff do you not agree with by the way?

ReputationRep:
    I think their stuff is bloody clever, whether you agree with the lyrics or not..what sort of stuff do you not agree with by the way?
    Ah yeah, can't complain about them actually writing meaningful music rather than the meaningless generic crap most bands churn out.

Their politics are too extreme for my liking and they seem to have a finger in every pie. If they decided to just protest about one thing, rather than the hundreds of issues they cover in their tracks, they might actually make a difference. As it is, they (particularly Zack) come across as a bunch of ****ing whinger anarchists.

I also like the police much more than they seem to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingpong)
    Ah yeah, can't complain about them actually writing meaningful music rather than the meaningless generic crap most bands churn out.

Their politics are too extreme for my liking and they seem to have a finger in every pie. If they decided to just protest about one thing, rather than the hundreds of issues they cover in their tracks, they might actually make a difference. As it is, they (particularly Zack) come across as a bunch of ****ing whinger anarchists.

I also like the police much more than they seem to.
    lol yeh, ive found that as well, but then again, they live in america, we live in the UK, hes black/cuban/something like that and obviously his experiences of the world will be alot different to ours..that is unless youve lived a similar lifestyle to him of course

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.