Turn on thread page Beta

Article: How to avoid getting five university rejections watch

• TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    You can view the page at http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/cont...ity-rejections

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

For my ambitious choice I want to apply to either bath or Nottingham for pure Economics. My predicted is A*AA and I'm doing an EPQ in economics. However, bath say economics and business studies make an offer less competitive (I'm doing math business studies and economics) but Nottingham don't have a problem. But I like bath much better, not sure to what extent my subject choice will disadvantage me, can anyone advise me on this? Also bath, if they give me an offer it will be AAA due to EPQ.

Thanks, Aziz

ReputationRep:
    A: Stay in your lane

(Original post by azizadil1998)
    bath say economics and business studies make an offer less competitive
    If it won't disadvantage you with Nottingham then I'd just go with the flow with Bath. Chances are, you can probably flip over to doing just Economics in year 2, or possibly even in the first year, if you work/network effectively

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    A: Stay in your lane

If it won't disadvantage you with Nottingham then I'd just go with the flow with Bath. Chances are, you can probably flip over to doing just Economics in year 2, or possibly even in the first year, if you work/network effectively
    Whatd yaaa meaaaan
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by azizadil1998)
    Hey guys,

For my ambitious choice I want to apply to either bath or Nottingham for pure Economics. My predicted is A*AA and I'm doing an EPQ in economics. However, bath say economics and business studies make an offer less competitive (I'm doing math business studies and economics) but Nottingham don't have a problem. But I like bath much better, not sure to what extent my subject choice will disadvantage me, can anyone advise me on this? Also bath, if they give me an offer it will be AAA due to EPQ.

Thanks, Aziz
    So Bath have said they won't make you an offer for straight Economics based on your predicted grades?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by She-Ra)
    So Bath have said they won't make you an offer for straight Economics based on your predicted grades?
    Nope, I called and email them several times to ask - basically on their entry requirements it says "it makes your application less competitive", and they said last year they considered applicants with these subjects but didn't make many offers to them. HOWEVER this year they have the new condition of students getting an alternative offer if they are doing the EPQ, which I am doing and it is on Pakistan's Economy so it couldn't be more relevant to what I want to do and what I am doing now. As they only introduced this condition this year, they can't tell me what will happen if I apply to them so it's just about crossing my fingers now... I've done all I can, perfected my personal statement, I have a great reference, my predicted grades are A*AA if they still don't want someone who actually loves Economics then their choice right

Finally I've gone for Bath, Nottingham, Surrey, Loughborough, and Kent, all with placements. My school will send my application tomorrow or Monday after the reference is completed.. WISH ME LUCK

Don't apply to 5 unis that are out of your reach.

ReputationRep:
    Unless you're doing medicine, getting 5 rejections is quite difficult. Either you've ****ed up with your uni choices, or there's a pretty big issue somewhere in your application that you haven't realised (like a weak PS or terrible interview performance - for the unis that interview).

ReputationRep:
    The most effective way of not getting 5 rejections is not applying to 5 unis. What's all this extra stuff about actually having a strong application and being sensible smh

ReputationRep:
    Is this a good spread for English Literature?
    I'm predicted AAA and I'm applying to;

Bristol A*AA
    Nottingham AAA
    Manchester AAA
    Birmingham AAB
    Southampton AAB

I can't think of any ABB universities I would want to apply to.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.