Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

We've spotted a few problems with the TSR app that have happened over the weekend - e.g the unread and latest feeds not containing anything.

We are investigating but if you notice anything, please let me know below as well.

Thanks,
    Jack

ReputationRep:
    I've been unable to see the latest and unread threads bit for I think a week now

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can you look into the constantly crashing while you are there as well?

ReputationRep:
    The app now only loads about 10 messages, whereas before it loaded a lot. It's getting worse not better. This is dreadful

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Odd socks)
    I've been unable to see the latest and unread threads bit for I think a week now

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    Can you look into the constantly crashing while you are there as well?
    (Original post by justag)
    The app now only loads about 10 messages, whereas before it loaded a lot. It's getting worse not better. This is dreadful

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you. We're testing a big update to the app now. Will keep you posted.

ReputationRep:
    The app has a tendency to go to the advert link without me clicking on it. Very frustrating!

ReputationRep:
    also ive noticed the app hasn't been optimised for newer phones with bigger screens. I'm using a iPhone 6S and everything is stretched and blurry

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    The "Latest" unread topic view shows a large "No Topic" graphic and then sometime lists no topics, or sometimes lists 15 topics.

(Original post by Aula)
    The app has a tendency to go to the advert link without me clicking on it. Very frustrating!
    The ad placement has always been annoying because of the way it magically materialises about 5 secs late and in the same place as the thread navigation footer. So you can be intending to press the ">" next page arrow, but accidentally click the advert instead. (But I'm sure advertisers are pleased with all the extra clicks they get...)
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Captain Jack)
    Can't wait! (Is this the Android version? Please say yes...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    The "Latest" unread topic view shows a large "No Topic" graphic and then sometime lists no topics, or sometimes lists 15 topics.

The ad placement has always been annoying because of the way it magically materialises about 5 secs late and in the same place as the thread navigation footer. So you can be intending to press the ">" next page arrow, but accidentally click the advert instead. (But I'm sure advertisers are pleased with all the extra clicks they get...)
    Haha, yeah, I always found that annoying, but this is literally as I'm scrolling down the page!
    It's only been since I've been had a 6s, so I guess it could be something to do with that.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

We've spotted a few problems with the TSR app that have happened over the weekend - e.g the unread and latest feeds not containing anything.

We are investigating but if you notice anything, please let me know below as well.

Thanks,
    Jack
    Is there any update on this?

ReputationRep:
    I guess that's a no...

Nice to know you can always rely on the admins to respond when there are issues.

ReputationRep:
    This happens to me as well I thought it was just me... It always says 'no topics' on the all threads bit. To refresh it I have to close the app then re open it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Any update?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Completely can't open the app it keeps going back to home screen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Popcorns)
    Completely can't open the app it keeps going back to home screen
    Try turning your phone off and on again.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    Try turning your phone off and on again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Have done twice now hasn't worked
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Little Popcorns)
    Have done twice now hasn't worked
    Uninstall

Off and on

Reinstall

ReputationRep:
    There's also a repetitive "Not signed in" bug that occurs sometimes at start-up; upon opening the app it will give the message to sign in but I could just press cancel and I'm in anyway. It's just annoying due to how it delays getting stuck into the app for about five seconds.

But then obviously when I get into the app, I can only see a limited amount of threads in the homepage, and there is a strong possibility that the app auto-restarts a few times. :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    Uninstall

Off and on

Reinstall
    Thanks but nope still goes back to home screen

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.