Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

This is how Chinese treat even their own people watch

ReputationRep:
    Who remembers this from a coupla years back? A full minute before anybody even acknowledges the presence of the child.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHtIWddAHUU

Wtf are there so many of them over here anyway?

ReputationRep:
    Im not gonna watch the vid because I imaigne it would be very horrific.

I studied this a bit when I was appaled at seeing how they skin animals alive and eat animals which are still alive/scorpions skewered on sticks/fish boiled just enough to be cooked but stil alive and breathing/octopus crawling in a bowl eaten whole etc. Really the epitomy of evil. It boggles the mind how a whole culture can have so little empathy for other living creatures.

In my research I didn't find any satisfactory answers as to why they are like that. but some claimed it is because of mao's indoctrination of the people.

I find it extremely ironic how confusicianism and buddhism were both at one time the main religions of the country, since they support non harming of any creature and living in harmony. Which is why I just can't understand how they went so far off that path.

Back to the mao point they say its because Mao outlawed these religions and hammered into them they should not have pity on the downtrodden. Still interested to hear a satisfactory reason as to what caused such a polar shift in the status quo.

ReputationRep:
    i did not watch the video. the Chinese are responsible for the impending extinction of elephants and tigers and many other creatures.

ReputationRep:
    They also make fake eggs made out of only lab chamicals and sell them to their own people knowing it cuases cancer. They do it jsut because its cheaper to make fake eggs than real ones. The extreme of soulless capitalism. The west is bad enough but they seem to take it to the nth degree.

ReputationRep:
    just a quick reminder of what the Chinese are doing in Tibet:

http://freetibet.org

ReputationRep:
    China will own most the UK soon, i do not criticize our imperial masters.

ReputationRep:
    I'm afraid I couldn't sleep if I opened the links!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill_Gates)
    China will own most the UK soon, i do not criticize our imperial masters.
    I for one am looking forward to trying dog meat.

ReputationRep:
    Salt and Pepper Chicken > Atrocities.

ReputationRep:
    These people have no soul

ReputationRep:
    I stupidly watched the video as i had not been that into reading the news 2 years ago and had not remember the story. It's absolutely heart breaking. I can't believe that the UK's working along side China, it's despicable.

I know that the west has a lot of problems but quite frankly I think compared to a lot of Asian and middle eastern countries we're practically saints (And that's really saying something)

I really do despair for this world sometimes.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamthetruth)
    These people have no soul
    No, that would be South Korea.

ReputationRep:
    every society has its worst.

we had jack the ripper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A5ko)
    No, that would be South Korea.
    I don't get it Seoul is in South Korea

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamthetruth)
    I don't get it Seoul is in South Korea
    Then you do get it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RivalPlayer)
    Nothing new - it's China. Compassion doesn't really exist over there.
    It's all about work, money and materialism.
    Thank god for cultural Marxism! I can't wait until Jezza finally wins the 2020 election!

ReputationRep:
    Eh, I suppose a large degree of empathy has been lost in Chinese society (as in the way we are raised) due to horrible things happening one after the other; the 'Cultural Revolution' (aka 10 years of bloodbath and starvation) springs into mind, as well as the Chinese government deciding to allow industrialisation and capitalisation at all costs.

It's a cut-throat business, living in China. The education system is so remarkably sh*tty it makes me want to cry.

ReputationRep:
    At least that kid doesn't have to go through the education system there now, it's absolutely brutal.
    I was in a school in China for a while for 18 months, one 10 year old boy tried to commit suicide in from of the entire class once because the teachers were bullying him and humiliating him so much in front of everyone. I was in the primary school, and the way they would tell everyone the test results was they would read them out in front of the entire class. Not only that, the teachers made the kids with the lowest grades stand up so they could have a go at them. What were the lowest grades you might ask? Were they 10%? 5%? No the lowest grades were 75% to 92%. We were expected to get 100% on every test.
    The amount of pressure and stress was unreal. We got masses of homework that had to be completed by the next day, so most pupils would stay up til 10pm doing their homework, then having to get up at 6 the next morning. And that's only primary school. When I wa there, teenage suicides were so often on the news.
    This is why when I see things on the news here about whether students should even get any homework at all, I feel like laughing.

ReputationRep:
    I currently live in Beijing and word as an English Teacher at a public primary school here. The first thing I will agree with is that the education system here is scary. These kids are put under enormous from the age of 3. I used to teach toddlers, and I had parents complaining that their kids' English wasn't good enough. They were 2-3 years old and could barely speak any Chinese yet. At primary school, I've had kids crying on me because they got 98% on a test and their parents would be so disappointed. There are so many people here that everyone has to be the best to survive, so the pressure is incredible.

Secondly, the way people treat each other here can be disgusting. On a day to day basis, there is zero consideration or compassion. Unless you are directly related to or a close friend of someone, they will not give a crap about you. A couple months ago there was a violent attack in Beijing on a Chinese woman and her new husband, who is French. A guy yelled at them saying he hated Americans (stupid idiot) and stabbed her through the back with a sword. She bled to death on the street, surrounded by people, including security guards, who refused to help. There were a lot of videos taken on mobile phones of this incident. This is an extreme example, but I personally have seen people hit by cars or knocked of their bicycles, to then be surrounded by a mob of video phones, no one offering any help. I'm told the reason is that often when people try to help someone in need, that person will try to blame those trying to help in order to get money from them. It's just a disgusting fault in this society.

ReputationRep:
    Iain Duncan Smith is half Japanese

It could explain his ruthlessness

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.