Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What am I eligible for? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

I came to Scotland in 2010 as an EU applicant to begin my undergrad university studies. The first academic year was spent doing an access to degree studies course. Then in 2011 I started first year of an undergrad. I received three years worth of tuition fee funding from SAAS. But, I did not graduate. I received a certificate of Higher Education instead.

I left uni in June 2014, I now want to return to uni in September 2016. Currently I am in full time employment in Scotland.

Before my new undergraduate course starts in September 2016 I will be moving to England at the start of summer 2016.

I presume I will now apply to Student Finance England, but wanted to check?

Also, more importantly, will I receive funding for tuition fees for all of my new course from Student Finance England even though I previously received funding from SAAS? Will I also be entitled to a maintenance loan as well?

Thanks,
    Daniel
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi,

If you will be permanently resident in England when you apply for the course then you will be eligible to apply through Student FInance England.

We will take into account any previous study you've had at degree level, even if it wasn't funded by us. As such, as you have had 3 years previous study, if your new course is three years, you will only be entitled to tuition fees for one year, this will be allocated to your final year, so for years 1 and 2 you will receive maintenance loan only.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Many thanks for your reply.

It will be a 4 year course at glasgow or Edinburgh. Will I still only receive one year tuition fee funding?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi,

Are you going to be moving to England permanently?

If it is a 4 year course then it would be 4+1=5-3=2 years support so this would be in 3rd and 4th year.

Thanks.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.