Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Help!!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    My parents are angry at me because I told her I don't want to do medicine don't know what to do now xC

ReputationRep:
    It's your life. Do something you truly enjoy, not what your parents want.

ReputationRep:
    Look it this way Trafalgar-Law, say you took your parents advice and studied medicine, a safe career but 20 years from now you might hate your work life and regret not following your passion. It's your life and you're parents might be advising you as if though they know what's best. But you have to weigh up who knows you best, you or your parents? Because in the long run you'll parents wont be around and you'll be the one living a life guided by someone else's decisions.

You need to isolate your family from big life decisions, as you'll be the one living with the results no one else. Imagine you had no family... now how would you like your life to turn out?

ReputationRep:
    Man she gave me a long lecture I feel bad but I really want to do Chemistry.

ReputationRep:
    Although your parents opinion is moot, at the end of the day it's your life and your decision. You need to approach it from a logical angle. Do your parents want you to do medicine so they can brag to their friends that their child is studying medicine, which many parents selfishly do, or do they want you to study medicine because they know you extremely well and think it would be a good fit with your skills? If its the latter, you might want to discuss with them why your specific skills/talents are not good for studying

ReputationRep:
    Tell your parents doctors have one of the highest rates of suicide among professions. Then look them in the eye and ask them if they really want to force you into that profession when people who choose the damn thing still hate it.

ReputationRep:
    That statistics is frightening lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully everything is sorted I guess

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 2, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.