The Student Room Group

Physics As Level Help

I'm currently 6 weeks into my physics As level and have found the current course quite a step up from GCSE and got a D and a U in my two tests this term. This is definitely partly because i am struggling to revise effectively. So wondered if anyone could give me some suggestions or advice on any learning resources or good ways to revise for physics? since i really need to pull my grades also its the Edexcel As Physics I'm studying.
Original post by leeaston
I'm currently 6 weeks into my physics As level and have found the current course quite a step up from GCSE and got a D and a U in my two tests this term. This is definitely partly because i am struggling to revise effectively. So wondered if anyone could give me some suggestions or advice on any learning resources or good ways to revise for physics? since i really need to pull my grades also its the Edexcel As Physics I'm studying.

Hello,

It all depends on how you learn. If you feel that you benefit from watching videos and the like, I recommend channels such as 'DrPhysicsA' on YouTube. If you feel as if you learn better by practising questions, the Edexcel AS Physics site is of course a great resource as it provides many examples of questions and past papers. If you look at the mark scheme, it often at least partially explains the answers to the questions. If you prefer to read, then there are many revision guides available from Amazon or probably your local book store. If you were to ask me, I would say that a good way to revise for a subject such as physics would be to try and get a solid grounding in the basic and general principles such as vectors before you advance; what you learn early on is often transferable to other situations that you find later and this certainly makes the subject easier.

Anyway, good luck in your studies.

Quick Reply

Latest