Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Does anyone else only get ntense feelings and fascinations for people not there now? watch

Announcements

Like, there has been one exception Ill admit, who I would see around a lot, but even then didn't know her personally, so there was some distance. But like, when I have not paid a person attention, and been distracted at the time, then I realise that despite thinking it was the wrong time, there was a real something about that moment, that I should have paid them attention, and you look them up online, get a deeper story about them and all, and the whole mystery of that moment increases.
    And you think if you'd pursued it with them, and your emotions around it expand because of their distance and mysterious way it was at the time. I do recognise when there's a great girl under my nose, in other ways I'm never one of these look a gift horse in the mouth people, I'm not obsessed with uninterested women or ones who treat you bad, but that missed thing or distance does seem to give me a space in my mind where I can make it so intense, and feel so much mystery about that moment and have dreams of what it would be like when If I took that chance. I think online adds to it, because yo have the initial encounter and then other layers to them. It's not that I;'m a big one for nostalgia, I don't regret missed chances at uni, that to me was far too young. But when about 26/7, I was living with my parents again, and thought it was a bad time, wasn't in a career enough etc, and there we this woman a bit older than me who was very mysterious, and I realsie that was the mo, to really have something with her, could have been beautiful, she was alone and me too, and we both could have needed things from each other, and there as attraction.

ReputationRep:
    .. and breathe

I mean seeing a moment that could have been intense, finally giving you that intensity and closeness and power to change your life from a person, and you see the moment for it. I still consider myself young for that, but I think that could have been it, someone can get to you and haunt you. Now I know I have to be less detached and more emotionally aware, and look harder for these chances and appreciate them. I have turned down things under my nose, dunno if its that or if they really didn't have the same power.

ReputationRep:
    Not there now? like ghosts? :/

Haha no, is there anyone who isn't just a smart alec and a bit more thoughtful? It's really immature.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 2, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.