Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Could you be in a relationship with a smaller boy/taller girl? watch

Announcements

Hey. I'm just wondering! I am around 5'8" and my boyfriend is 5'6". Moreover, my skin colour is white and he is Asian haha. And yeah, people stare at us on the street. Maybe we look a bit ridiculous but I find it cute!
    Could you be in that kind of relationship? Yes - then why? / No - why not?

ReputationRep:
    If you like each other then what is wrong with that? Society can judge but that shouldn't matter to you as long as you're with the person you love.
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    I'm 5'2. If I date a guy smaller than me and decide to have a family with him then God pls bless my future children's height.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Not an issue at all, I am with a girl who is taller than me but we are both happy.

ReputationRep:
    Lool i am around 6ft/6ft1 so most girls will be smallee than me so yayy
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Sure, though I'm 6' 2" so there aren't too many women taller than me. I think because I'm already above average height it wouldn't bother me if my partner were taller - I would possibly feel differently if I were short but it is impossible to say really.

ReputationRep:
    Another 6'2" guy clocking in :lol:

Always been more attracted to shorter girls tbh, but I don't really think it would be a deciding factor

ReputationRep:
    I refuse to be in a relationship with taller men. As a radical feminist, I know that men date shorter women in order to dominate them physically, and as such I only date men who are shorter than me so that both of us can at least be equal in the relationship.

Take that, patriarchy.

#equality #maletears #feminism

ReputationRep:
    Was in an 11 year relationship with someone 4'11 I am no stranger to smallness at 5'9

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexion)
    Another 6'2" guy clocking in :lol:

Always been more attracted to shorter girls tbh, but I don't really think it would be a deciding factor
    Same height

ReputationRep:
    Considering im a smaller guy I have no choice haha

ReputationRep:
    I'm short for a girl so not many guys are shorter than me! If i liked him enough i wouldn't mind (and his height wouldn't prevent him from picking me up occasionally, of course!). Height doesn't necessarily determine masculinity!

ReputationRep:
    To me it just doesn't look right. I'm 5"4 but i'm still growing so yeah, and yeah same I like shorter girls too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hey. I'm just wondering! I am around 5'8" and my boyfriend is 5'6". Moreover, my skin colour is white and he is Asian haha. And yeah, people stare at us on the street. Maybe we look a bit ridiculous but I find it cute!
    It's perfectly fine if YOU feel comfortable with it, but I just don't think i'd be able to do it

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't care less about the heght. If you both love each other, why should you care?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Do people really stare much? I mean that height difference is pretty small, I can imagine if you were wearing heels so you were like half a foot taller it might grab someone's sight. The only person I can imagine staring is that creepy Asian guy on here who talks about nothing else but his unrequainted love of white women.

Yeah, I mean I generally prefer curvier girls, and a curvier girl taller than me (5 foot ten) is going to be a bit big for my tastes, so it's unlikely. I have a definite preference for shorter girls, I just prefer how they look, but obviously there are loads of attractive taller girls too, and I'd never make it a rule I wouldn't date one.

(Original post by Bupdeeboowah)
    I refuse to be in a relationship with taller men. As a radical feminist, I know that men date shorter women in order to dominate them physically, and as such I only date men who are shorter than me so that both of us can at least be equal in the relationship.

Take that, patriarchy.

#equality #maletears #feminism
    #strawfeminism

(Original post by Mankytoes)
    Do people really stare much? I mean that height difference is pretty small, I can imagine if you were wearing heels so you were like half a foot taller it might grab someone's sight. The only person I can imagine staring is that creepy Asian guy on here who talks about nothing else but his unrequainted love of white women.

Yeah, I mean I generally prefer curvier girls, and a curvier girl taller than me (5 foot ten) is going to be a bit big for my tastes, so it's unlikely. I have a definite preference for shorter girls, I just prefer how they look, but obviously there are loads of attractive taller girls too, and I'd never make it a rule I wouldn't date one.

#strawfeminism
    Yeah, well.. people stare MUCH. I got used to it and I just don't care about that now but when we started, it was quite awkward.
    Also, some of my friends look at me like omggg why do you date a smaller boy etc lol!

I'm an oriental asian girl and is quite tall compared to those in my race; I'm 5ft7. The average height of guys at my home country is 5ft6 therefore I have no option but to accept them lol But to be honest I don't really care much for height, masculinity and personality is much more of a deciding factor. I would be extremely happy if they are around my height though Most crushes I had were guys who were shorter than me but confident to pull it off, right now I'm attracted to a guy around 5ft4.
    On the other hand a really pretty friend of mine wold not even look twice at a guy below 5ft8. Possibly because she thinks she's too good for it. She got insulted when I suggested giving a great-person-but-not-hot-enough guy friend of mine when she asked me about any guys that she should check out as her potential next boyfriend lol

In short it depends on the person if they mind their partners height or not.

ReputationRep:
    I think its fine but personally I am just more attracted to tall boys.

No, sorry, for a number of reasons.
    I'm short and I want to have children, but don't want them to be midgets!
    I like men who can lift you up easily.:sexface:
    I find men in the 5'10/5'11 bracket to be the most desirable.
    :hand:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 21, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.